[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immanuel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 768954101132121.png (23KB, 1025x947px) Image search: [Google]
768954101132121.png
23KB, 1025x947px
They say it means "God with Us''. I think it means "In Man God". Would God be with us, He'd be extremely angry with this interpretation of His name. He'd think, speak and show us all what "God around Us" means, what "God within Us" means, and so on, in no particular order, most likely simultaneously.
>Stop desecrating this name, people.
>>
And then, there's Ishmael. WTF people, who TF writes Wikipedia anyway. Give the man his 2 cents back. Hell, give him 4 cents at that.
>World Trade fucking Center all over again.
>>
As for Samael, meaning "Power and Death of God", no one ever seems to remember why. Agnostics might get it, but they're too preoccupied with the very definition of stupidity, say "percent of brain function currently allocated to social management".
>First person singular is the start of the human mind. The body follows, and there's human health, and so it is within any language out there. Cherish the first word.
And then, there's there's the name "Christian". Why does Christianity celebrate this name on the first day of Christmas? And since so, why do they also celebrate Immanuel on the very same day?
>>
>I don't speak ancient Hebrew or Greek or anything but let me tell you my opinion on why everyone else is wrong
Good job anon.
>>
But then again, if I did, I would have one hell of a fun time pronouncing "After Us God".
>
>>
Okay, so how do I pronounce this? Anon, care to share an audio link?
>אלוהים אחרינו
>>
Actually, you can't trust Hebrews with any sort of pronounciation at all. They seem to to believe pronouncing "Death" correctly would get them killed or something. I'm almost certain the first vowel ever pronounced was today's English pronounciation of "E".
>That's how the wail of the banshee starts, anyway.
>>
>>2049632
Ahlahayam Ahchaad
>>
And to think that the whole Middle Eastern problem is still the same camel traders vs. camel fuckers dilemma, even after almost 2.000 chronological years of utter disregard for God's commandments...
>I bet my life that the very same camel is still a virgin in its ears, to this date.
>>
>>2049740
>things and representations of things are the same

yes, they really were this stupid
>>
>>2049218
>implying god exists

get ready to pay for the wall instead
>>
Eastern theism is very much in agreement with the concept of indivual divinity. Good source is Joseph Campbell.
>>
>implying god exists
get ready to pay for the wall instead

>implying first person singular exists
get ready to get paid for the wall instead
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.