[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Protestantism be blamed for shit like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_4463.jpg (49KB, 640x521px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4463.jpg
49KB, 640x521px
Can Protestantism be blamed for shit like this?
>>
>>2047757
More about being a hillbilly than anything desu
>>
>>2047757
No, Christianity can.
>>
Ulster Scots are niggers in every country, "the scum of many nations"
>>
File: Janus.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Janus.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>2047774
And people won't say the same of Islamic extremism.

>KKK
> nuffin to do w/ religion, it's all economic oppression resulting in extreme re-interpretation of otherwise innocent scripture.

>ISIS
>dirty sand neggers
>wtf i hate the koran now

So glad there's no shortage of hypocrites to keep my sides in orbit.
>>
File: 1480786523959.jpg (122KB, 659x510px) Image search: [Google]
1480786523959.jpg
122KB, 659x510px
>>2047757
no, niggers are to blame for shit like this.
>>
>>2047786
How is this the fault of Ulster Scots?
>>
>>2047809
Reminder this is how you make white republicans support gun control. See Reagan/Panthers
>>
>>2047794
I don't think anybody's said they're not Christians like people tend to do for ISIS because of sandnigger sectarianism and constantly saying everyone that isn't X sect is an apostate being popularized
obviously you've got a problem with Protestantism (even though it's enshrined by them) where you don't have a centralized church and you get loads of crazy sects popping up
whatever each individual KKK member was they tended to justify their hatred of nigs with scripture that they twisted, as I assume ISIS do for a bunch of shit with the Quran

>>2047810
hillbillies are descendants of Ulster Scots
>>
>>2047809
>Riots
Kek. America hasn't had an actual riot in decades
>>
>>2047831
big Mike Brown, Tray Tray and all the other chimpouts weren't bad, not L.A. riots tier though of course

who appointed you chief riot rater anyway faggot
>>
>>2047827
They're also the descendents of Germans, Swiss and Scandis. Hillbillies are basically just white, ultra religious trash.
>>
>>2047837
overwhelmingly Ulster Scot even with some admixture here and there of other Protestants

the term hill billy comes from their love for King William of Orange lad, and their pioneering earlier in American history was a hand-me-down from the border reiver days
>>
>>2047794
Does burning crosses, lynching niggers and dressing like fucktards actually have a Biblical basis? Because islamic slaying of the infidels does have a basis in the Koran.

Stupid fucking Ali Baba and your shitty analogies
>>
>>2047857
they say blacks are descendants of Ham and are thus subhuman
>>
>>2047863
Even if they were subhuman there is nothing in the Bible suggesting you spring them up.
>>
>>2047871
there's probably some obscure verse they can use
>>
File: 1478399573088.png (390KB, 668x936px) Image search: [Google]
1478399573088.png
390KB, 668x936px
>>2047757
>burning the cross

Absolutely heretical
>>
>>2047873
>probably
>maybe
Yeah Abdul, so you've got nothing. Now scram back to your hovel.
>>
>>2047888
I'm not the sandie OP I'm just saying there probably is, prods are sneaky folk that way
>>
>>2047850
tbf, border scots are universally cunts. So it's not that surprising. My mum is a border scot, she's hard as nails.
>>
>>2047935
are they like travellers?

I heard they ride around on ponies
>>
File: 1479511462560.png (399KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
1479511462560.png
399KB, 500x562px
>>2047786
OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D
>>
>>2047944
Violent as fuck. When the crowns united they could no longer spend any time slaughtering Northern Englishmen, so instead took to slaughtering highland scots. When that stopped they went abroad to slaughter anyone who wasn't protestant, so America or Ireland for example.

The British Empire was basically forged by bored Border Scots who couldn't kill anyone at home.
>>
File: 1477900667987.jpg (277KB, 957x538px) Image search: [Google]
1477900667987.jpg
277KB, 957x538px
>>2047949
it's what the thread's about though

>>2047956
>When that stopped they went abroad to slaughter anyone who wasn't protestant, so America or Ireland for example.
I've read that they knew fuck all about Protestantism because missionaries couldn't reach their lands in Scotland due to banditry, so they only 'converted' when they reached Ulster during the early plantations out of expediency
>>
I get what you're doing but let me ask: Have you ever seen a picture of someone holding a head that wasn't a fuckin' Muslim?
>>
>>2047993
mexicans
>>
>>2047978
Nah, Protestantism was already deeply entrenched during the English Civil War, hence the dividing lines in Scotland during that with Royalists (and highlanders) tending towards Catholicism and Parliamentarians tending towards Protestantism.

When James I came to power, there were no more wars between England and Scotland so these violent cuntfucks decided to go to Ireland and kill fuckers there. Religion might have been secondary to culture (the Border scots always did consider themselves more germanic than the celtic highlanders and potato-niggers) but it was still a factor.

Knox is who really brought Protestantism to Scotland, and he was active round about the same time as Protestantism was becoming big in England.
>>
>>2047978
>I've read that they knew fuck all about Protestantism because missionaries couldn't reach their lands in Scotland due to banditry, so they only 'converted' when they reached Ulster during the early plantations out of expediency
Hard to believe someone so well read can talk so much shit...
>>
>>2047757

The Bible condemns slavery on account of race, so how could murdering blacks be related to any accurate teachings from the Bible?
>>
>>2048035
Christian Reformers spearheaded the anti-slavery abolitionist movements in Europe and North America, and Great Britain mobilised her Navy, throughout most of the 19th Century, to intercept slave ships and set the captives free
>>
>>2047836
I did.
>>
>>2047757
The sort of Baptist "christianity" practiced in the American south could be blamed, but it's so disunified in belief that you can't categorically blame 'it' for anything.
>>
>>2048035
>he Bible condemns slavery on account of race
Doesn't the Bible tell the Israelites they can only enslave fellow Jews for a period of 7 years but they can enslave non-Jews for as long as they like?
>>
>>2047757
Does the Bible encourage to burn and hang blacks ?
>>
>>2047837
>Germans, Swiss, Scandis
>the South
You're completely retarded. In the South whites are either Ulter Scottish, Irish, or English. The hillbillies are almost exclusively Scots Irish.
>>
>>2048851
Yes, but there are specific criteria to be met for bondage. It's not just going around and catching niggas with butterfly nets.
>>
>>2049211
No, but on Protestantism it does.
>>
>>2047757
>Be African
>Get freed
>Rob and rape people like it's Africa
>Get mad when they stand up and say you're not going to be a savage in these lands
>>
>>2049211
No. Catholics cry about the Bible being insufficient so they have to push heresy like cross burning in their church.

>>2049224
Not an argument.
>>
File: don shrug.jpg (140KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
don shrug.jpg
140KB, 650x433px
>>2048028
>The turbulent marchlands of England and Scotland had not been known for their piety. Here families had hardly been touched by the reformation. Arriving in Ulster in search of land to rent, they quickly found it politic and economically advantageous to be Protestants. Barely aware of Presbyterian or Puritan theology, they conformed to the state-sponsored church. This explains why such a large number of Protestants in Co.Fermanagh became, and remained, members of the Church of Ireland (though, like many Anglicans elsewhere, some of their descendants became Methodists).
>>
File: 1477481900573.png (2MB, 723x918px) Image search: [Google]
1477481900573.png
2MB, 723x918px
>>2049286
>Catholics
>the KKK
>>
>>2049925
Wow, that random quote really made me think.
>>
>>2047809
They do love that BBC though, look at those grimaces.
>>
>>2049943
from Jonathan Bardon's Plantation of Ulster

I'd trust a scholars word over your butthurt and indignation lad
>>
>>2048795
Not out of the goodness of their hearts, but because they knew the American economy, competitors you see, were reliant on slaves. It was economic warfare more than moral crusade.

British (and American) investors still profited heavily from investing in slave ship shares. Even after the end of slavery in America, Jew York was still *the* hub for slavery financing in Latin America (i.e. Brazil).
>>
>>2049956
>a historian said it so it must be true
>>
>>2050019
could corroborate it with a google search

https://wwwborderreiverstories-neblessclem.blogspot.ie/2014/08/border-reivers-religion-and-lack-of-it.html
>>
>>2050031
Did you even read it?
>>
>>2047757
we in russia don't like western christianity so much that even we don't call ourselves christians or orthodox christians just orthodox. because word christian aasociates with so many shit that we dont want to be a part of it. also we think that orthodox is only one real christian church.

nobody say in russia i am christian. never. just orthodox (pravoslavnij)
>>
>>2050055
is there something contradictory to it that supports whatever point you have to make?
>>
>>2048838
That's generally true of most protestant denominations beyond the largest ones. Anytime one group of protestants does something another doesn't approve of, they split and consider themselves not related. While that's well and good, larger and more organized religions are suppose to take responsibility for all perishes under their banner regardless of circumstance.
>>
>>2050058
>Christ looked on so negatively in modern times Christians won't even call themselves Christians

My how things have come.
>>
>>2050058
Yes, everyone knows nothing bad ever happened in Russia...

Isn't it convenient that your authoritarian former-KGB President for Life is such good buddies with the head of the Orthodox state church? Which only really resurged once Putin came to power? Luckily it all worked happily. :^)
>>
>>2050396
That's because """"Orthodox"""" believers in Russia are state tools, not actual Christians.
>>
>>2047794
Well actually, the new testament tells them to love their brother like Jesus loved us. What they are doing instead is making and idol of the white race.

The Qur'an actually tells you to go and smite Christians and Jews, and non believers. And the last commandments are the ones that matter most, essentially, the latest "prophecy". Until the whole world is muslim. So yeh, it's a bit different. But they're both wrong.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.