[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did France lose the Algerian war?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Why did France lose the Algerian war?
>>
Surrender monkeys.
>>
>already fucked up big time in indochina
>FLN won't give up, repression only makes the population angrier against the french, escalation is inevitable
>no other country on board to seriously back them up (especially not us since the indochina flop)
>political system lacks a strong executive core under the 4th republic and governments change all the time
>french intellectuals picking the war as an occasion to bitch about stuff and make themselves famous. makes it even less popular to the general population
>>
>>2047393
After Napoleon France would be great again militarily and had to pick on Algeria and Indochina. They suck its as simple as that, they had to request the aid of two powerful nations just to fight the Germans in a single front, twice.
>>
>>2047474
*never be great again*
>>
File: alg.png (247KB, 648x681px) Image search: [Google]
alg.png
247KB, 648x681px
>>2047474
>>2047491
But France conquered Algeria and Vietnam decades after Napoleon
Stick to Reddit senpai, it's where you belong
>>
>>2047539
Yes "conquered" it with struggle and eventually lost it completely.not too long after. .
>>
>>2047583
Over a 100 years is a long time to hold something desu senpai
>>
>>2047583
"not too long" being more than a hundred years
>>
>>2047393
lack of a reason to really try to hold onto it
>>
>>2047393
Read pic related, and watch battle of algiers, its on hulu for free

>French special service used Nazi tactics
>French white were a bunch of surrender monkey hippies
>Algerian white populace were a bunch of racist privileged assholes with a bad PR machine
>French white populace were deeply demoralized by brilliant terror campaign
>Country is fucking huge and elite french hit squads couldnt deal with covering the whole thing
>morrocco and tunisia allowed free passage of opposition fighters and embarrassed france
>>
>>2047599
It was literally counted as part of France
>>
>>2047601
but not that many people actually cared about it, that was just for the pieds noirs. They eventually got relocated to the hexagon
>>
>>2047599
OIL
I
L
>>
>>2047605
That sounds like a lot of shit, it is a massive embarrassment for any country to lose a part of it's territory, this is like when britbongs pretend they don't care about losing Ireland.
>>
File: then and now.jpg (149KB, 756x490px) Image search: [Google]
then and now.jpg
149KB, 756x490px
What happened?
>>
>>2047613
let me rephrase that
*lack of a reason that could make the populace want to defend it
>>
>>2047616
Westernization happened. Everytime western culture is brought sonewhere it effeminizes the local culture. Theyre turning the world into pussies and they have been pushing their faggotry on everyone for the last couple hundred years.
>>
>>2047616
wtf? i love arabs now
>>
>>2047583
This is false in every single way possible
>>
>>2047616
The probably has something to do with the fact that Saladin wasn't an Arab.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.