[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Viet Cong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 562106_orig.jpg (380KB, 1100x732px) Image search: [Google]
562106_orig.jpg
380KB, 1100x732px
Is there any good books that cover the Viet Cong side of things that offers a good account of their tactics, methods and weapons?

Interesting in reading more on guerrilla warfare in Vietnam.
>>
anorexic chinese rice farmers with AK-47s
>>
>>2043599
Yeah but are there any books about them? Most Vietnam books seem to be the accounts of ex marines who have PTSD.
>>
maybe in chinese. america had more interesting tales to spin.
>>
>>2043605
They can not write or read because they are a simple people who only want to farm rice and tend to their family ak. Because of this, you will only find books about the war from the US side, sorry bro.
>>
>>2043593
I doubt many of the VC were literate, however if you want to read more about guerrilla warfare in 'Nam than I suggest reading one of the accounts written by French soldiers who fought against the Viet Mihn ( The precursors to the VC)
>>
go home G.I.
>>
They liked to use human wave recon. When they found a spot in an infantry that was broken/gone, they sent tons of men through.

Ironically this was countered by ww2 style artillary, which the super mobile nva could only counter with mortars.

Ths is actually one of the most decisive tactical advantages in the war.
>>
>>2044130
Be careful NOT to confuse this with the soviets "deep battle" wave tactics.

This one was a lot more subtle, and it developed in china during the Korean war.
>>
>>2043629
Not exactly true. A majority of the soldiers in the actual battles were either chinese or chinese funded commandos.
>>
>>2043905
The Viet Minh were the precursors to the NVA, not the VC.
>>
>>2043593

hit up google scholar with vo nguyen giap? he wrote a bunch of books about his tactics, everything is commie propaganda but i guess thats what youre looking for
>>
The Viet Cong liked to fight extremely close, to nullify enemy advantages in fire support.

The idea is to get a shitload of guys within spitting distance of the enemy before they realize what's going on.

This is similar to what the PLA did during Korea, but they didn't have the jungle to make it quite as effective.

The tactic was invented by the German sturmtruppen in WW1 and transmitted to the Vietnamese by way of China.
>>
>>2044442
Actually they learned that from Japanese after the August Revolution in 1945, where a handful of Japanese officer decided to stay in Vietnam and teach them about jungle and guerrilla warfare.
Here you can see the Japanese infantry using a weapon called "Bom ba càng" in Vietnamese.
>>
File: bom ba cang.jpg (109KB, 480x314px) Image search: [Google]
bom ba cang.jpg
109KB, 480x314px
>>2045188
And here you can see a Vietnamese soldier during the evacuation of Ha Noi in 1946
>>
>>2044144
>A majority of the soldiers in the actual battles were either chinese or chinese funded commandos.
Citation?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.