[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help with history hw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (6KB, 162x160px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6KB, 162x160px
So i've got a thing for school

A little debate over France.

Their argument is that Napoleons invasion of Russia was not justified. This is dumb because Tsar violated treaties of Tilsit, which provoked Napoleons invasion.

However, their witness to this "war crime" is Jacques Macdonald, one of Napoleons generals.

Any tips on where to start? Or what kind of questions I could ask macdonald to get him to admit that Napoleons invasion of Russia was justified?
>>
>>2043362
What war crime?
Russia breaking the treaty? Napoleon invading Russia?
Neither of those qualify has "war crime", justified or not

The only war crime during that war was the destruction of Russian cities and farms by the Russian army which caused the death of hundreds thousands of Russian civilians by starvation
>>
File: fb1b1b2b9aMeissonier5.jpg (460KB, 829x1100px) Image search: [Google]
fb1b1b2b9aMeissonier5.jpg
460KB, 829x1100px
>>2043362
>Or what kind of questions I could ask macdonald to get him to admit that Napoleons invasion of Russia was justified?

Remind them that the Napoleonic Wars were started by Britain (when they broke the Peace of Amiens in 1803)

Remind them that it's Britain that kept the wars alive by funding coalitions to launch wars of aggression against France (3rd, 4th and 5th coalitions)

Remind them that Britain was thus a threat to the existance of the French state and that Britain had to be dealt with for peace to be possible in Europe

Remind them that, given that France had no decent fleet, the only thing they could do against Britain was the Continental Blockade

Remind them that, by leaving that blockade and actively distrubing it, Russia was preventing France from possibly achieving a stable European Peace and made themselves a threat to the French state (thus making the invasion justified)
>>
>>2043532

It confuses me too. I'm mostly look on how to relate why the invasion of Russia was justified to Jacques MacDonald through questioning.
>>
>>2043585
>Britian is a threat
>Therefore invade Russia

Impressive logic there
>>
>>2043596
If you read past the first setence, you'd understand why, huge faggot
>>
>>2043585

Thank you for the helpful information! I think I understand most of this really well, but unfortunately cross examination needs to be individual, how could I phrase these points in such a way that relates them to Jacques Macdonald?
>>
>>2043604
Take those sentences and replace "Remind them that" with "Dear McDonald, shall I remind you that...."
Well, you can remove the "Dear McDonald" part if you want, but you got me
>>
>>2043601
Parroting the insane ramblings of the little corporal dont justify war either
>>
>>2043624

I'm sorry, but I don't see how replacing "Remind them" with "Dear MacDonald, shall I remind you with" helps prove my point, through questions, that Napoleons invasion of Russia was justified. Could you expand on your thinking?
>>
>>2043726
You must spout all these sentences under question form ("shall I remind you that...") as a bloc without letting them time to reply
That basically wins the "debate" for you since they cannot deny those fact (unless they're willing to lie)

Or alternately you can start with the one at the bottom ("Shall I remind you that Russia left the Continental Blockade and by doing so became a theat to France?") and then when they ask you how so, you come up with the rest (warmongering England that keeps starting wars and cannot be defeated by other means than the blockade)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.