[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philippine-American War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 800px-Battle_of_Quingua.jpg (145KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Battle_of_Quingua.jpg
145KB, 800x572px
Why don't we ever discuss the Philippine Insurrection, sometimes referred to as the Philippine genocide?

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine%E2%80%93American_War#Atrocities
>>
"war"
>>
>>2042445
>
>
>
>>
>>2042436
>we will go to war with you because you arent ready for independence and democracy

what did america mean by this?
>>
>>2042629
All men are created equal, but some men are created more equal than others
>>
>>2042436
Funny, as fucked up as the war was it's really a great example of how to deal with an insurgency.

What the soldiers and Marines did to put down the insurrection was down right brutal but effective.

It just goes to show if you want to take on an insurgency, you have to get biblical or else you'll get a Vietnam/Afghanistan level mess.

Also, didn't we loose more troops to disease than to actual combat?
>>
>>2042629
>you arent ready for independence and democracy

They weren't though. The Philippine islands were a loose confederation of disparate ethnic groups with little in common with each other besides geographical proximity and had essentially no foundations necessary for a functioning democracy. Poor literacy & no courts for example. Had America not annexed the islands and set up a central authority the islands would have devolved into civil war as Aguinaldo, the rebel leader, set himself up as a dictator and tried to cow the rest of the islands which didn't recognize his authority under his control.

In a scenario like this it wouldn't be unlikely that Germany or Japan (who were both eyeing the islands) intervened to claim the islands for themselves.
>>
>>2042436
that guy in the right bottom corner taking a nap
>>
>>2042696
>im done with this shit
>>
>>2042701
>>2042696

>my feet hurt
>I bet these nubs didn't even take San Juan hill
>tfw this dead dude has his gun pointed straight at me, what kind of trigger discipline are they teaching these guys
>tfw no big stick gf
>Teddy '00 or go home
>>
>>2042658
didn't they use the same method the British used in the Boer war

how come one worked and the other didn't?
>>
>>2042436
>Americans dindu nuffin
>>
File: rodrigo_duterte_39.jpg (133KB, 1074x908px) Image search: [Google]
rodrigo_duterte_39.jpg
133KB, 1074x908px
Revenge when?
>>
>>2042696

>when Sarge tells you to get up and kill the heathens, but the shrooms just hit you and it's like you can see the grass breathing.
>>
>>2042748
The same reason why wars in the mid-east aren't working. Americans don't have the stomach for Spanish style cuban native repression.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.