[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically speaking how do we achieve this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hypothetically speaking how do we achieve this?
>>
Institutions
>>
>>2041068
Lobbying mostly.
>>
>>2041068
Rule of law, including sage enforcement of antitrust law, and the devising of lobbying laws that actually work.

A lot of what he's aiming at, however, is built into the U.S. system of checks and balances as described in the Federalist Papers and provided for in the Constitution.

Unfortunately, the Constitutional system did not provide a rational set of checks and balances for the administrative state, which has grown immensely powerful
>>
>>2041068

Decentralize power; the federal government has far too much.
>>
>>2041068
It's amazing how much I agree with Milton Friedman in economic terms, because I pretty much disagree with his everything involving party politics.

Tax/regulate bad behavior with negative externalities. Subsidize/support good behavior with positive externalities. Although a big part of the problem is in today's political climate people just fight over what is good and what is bad, not who can get the job done best.

This seems to be a result of one group of voters being able to force another group of voters to be forced to "buy" the elected politician.

This problem would be lessened with some sort of proportional representation.
>>
Fundamentally, it requires the average voter to have an adequate understanding of the political system, and what incentives would create the desired outcome.

You can see the problem.
>>
>>2041068
People not being ideologues, but knowing how to get what they want. But people would have to know what they want instead of being indoctrinated and being told what they want.
>>
>>2041068
Subsidize higher education and increase output of wonks.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.