[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne and I have founded empires. But

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded his empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for him. — Napoleon Bonaparte

All memes and redpill aside, do you think love and faith can prevail in this modern society, if one man can make such a profound impact on pure love why cant we all......
>>
He may have founded his empire on love, but it sure as fuck didn't spread that way.
>>
>>2040454
Wasnt it through spread through missionaries, and martyrs? and progressiveness spread through the roman empire in such ways, but if it wasnt spread through love how you say, then how how was it spread? In your opinion?
>>
>>2040472
Violence and conquest.
>>
>>2040488
can i have sources and evidence for that?
>>
>>2040527
You've heard of the Crusades before, right?
>>
>>2040541
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're baiting rn, the crusades were a near defensive acction taken due to muslim agression. for centuries, and even before the first crusade, christianity was already well established friendo
>>
File: jesus.jpg (20KB, 231x346px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
20KB, 231x346px
Jesus never existed.
>>
>>2040568
nice meme
>>
>>2040569
That's what Peter said to Paul when the latter said, "No, really dude, that Jesus guy appears in my dreams every night, but no-one has ever actually met him."
>>
>>2040527
>>2040553

>the Roman Empire declaring Christianity a state religion and violently persecuting non-Christians
>conquest and forced conversion of the Americas and indigenous peoples of South and Central America and the Caribbean
>conquest and forced conversion of the Philippines and other colonies in Asia
>conquest and forced conversion of the Northern Europeans and the Baltics
>Northern Crusades and Teutonic Knights
>massacre of the Anglo-Saxons and their forced conversion into Christianity

you get the idea
>>
File: lionheart.jpg (47KB, 250x338px) Image search: [Google]
lionheart.jpg
47KB, 250x338px
>>2040652
Ok, so you're just baiting.

>the Roman Empire declaring Christianity a state religion and violently persecuting non-Christians
Romans did this to heathens were they Hellenic or Christian, ever read about christina martyrdom?

>conquest and forced conversion of the Americas and indigenous peoples of South and Central America and the Caribbean
>conquest and forced conversion of the Philippines and other colonies in Asia
Fair i'll give you this one.

>conquest and forced conversion of the Northern Europeans and the Baltics
Yeah, no. It was merely not even religious. Lithuanians were aggressive towards poles and they reguested aid, and it did happen that they could leverage the religous heads since lithuanians were pagans. Other than that, northern crusades are just memes. Finland was converted mostly with contact to novgorodians and Swedes only came as conquerors.

>massacre of the Anglo-Saxons and their forced conversion into Christianity
Yes, these indigeneous pagans were truly peaceful and only minded their own business.
>>
>>2040680
>Romans did this to heathens were they Hellenic or Christian, ever read about christina martyrdom?
Later Christian propaganda not supported by contemporary sources.

If you reply with the word 'Tacitus' I'm going to have to point and laugh.
>>
File: 1480783694218.png (141KB, 858x675px) Image search: [Google]
1480783694218.png
141KB, 858x675px
>>2040708
>Tacitus.
>>
File: haha.jpg (30KB, 480x365px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
30KB, 480x365px
>>2040717
Ha ha!
>>
File: kHPxj2F.jpg (45KB, 590x582px) Image search: [Google]
kHPxj2F.jpg
45KB, 590x582px
>>2040768
Well you did it. Feel better now?
>>
>>2040680
So... What is here about love? Eye for an eye was known thousands years before Christ. The Empire that is founded on symmetric violence is based on the violence anyway.
>>
>>2040680

>Romans did this to heathens were they Hellenic or Christian

yes which is primarily why the West and the Mediterranean as we know it is Christian and has been so historically - violent state imposition of faith and persecution of nonbelievers.
First the late Romans, then the Church and various kingdoms and principalities.

>Fair i'll give you this one.

no shit you'll give me this one.
All of Latin America says hello - Latinized and Christianized violently and forcefully by Christian conquerors

>northern crusades are just memes

The Teutonic Knights, the Catholic Church archives, academic consensus, and reality seem to disagree.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.