[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of Adam Curtis and his documentaries ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
What does /his/ think of Adam Curtis and his documentaries ?
>>
>>2037810
>What happened to our dream of freedom?
Sharia.
>>
>how is hyperreal existential post-imprisonment even real lmao? just turn off your screens lmao

nice soundtrack tho
>>
I watched Hypernormalisation last night. I think Curtis has a talent for editorial direction. The links he was trying to draw between these different tendencies was visually convincing, but on reflection quite a bit more tenuous. Anyway, too pat and quasi-linear--which is fair. Complexity is difficult to render in any format.
>>
>>2037810
The consensus every time this thread pops up (every two weeks or so) is always, "Pretty good entertainer, but not a historian or educator. Enjoy, but don't take them seriously."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg
>>
>>2038440
/thread
>>
>>2037810
Rambling, shitty editor who's in love with pointless stock footage. Makes very interesting arguments though, if you can sift through the pointless footage.
>>
>>2038492

?????

The footage is what makes his argument. All his narration is in assistance to the images, to connect them and name answer of them.
>>
>>2038176

What is historically inaccurate in his films? Which of his claims are suspect?
>>
cool documentaries, I really like them. Only massive autistics would complain about them. If I want pure hard history I'd read a book. The fact you are even watching a documentary and not reading a book means you are looking for something other than pure information, and Adam Curtis is a good introduction into current affairs to be honest.
>>
>>2039235
Watch his latest documentary, the hyperonormalisation one. There's time gaps with upwards of 10 minutes where stock footage plays and there's no narration whatsoever.
>>
>>2039323

I know, that's what I mean. The footage is what's telling the story. How did you miss that?
>>
We live in a world where, more and more, nothing makes sense.
>>
>>2039879
Retard, he's purposely overstimulating you to make you think you've learned something but you haven't really.
>>
He's one of the major propaganda artists of the modern era.

He seriously should be shot.
>>
>>2038009
The Dollar
>>
>>2040199
*Burial plays in background*
>>
He is a fantastic filmmaker, and his use of editing shows that. Plus he never gets in front of the camera like Michael Moore. But because he is a filmmaker he should always be viewed with degree of suspicion over what he says and sometimes he gets info completely wrong.
>>
>>2038440
really makes you think
>>
>>2040506
But his "Century of the Self" is all about how 20th century propaganda -- better known as public relations, a field established by Edward Bernays, Sigmund Freud's nephew -- has been leveraged against us by corporations and politicians.

How can someone who exposes the propagandists be one himself?
>>
think his shit sucks
>>
>>2040798
My favourite segment
https://youtu.be/eJ3RzGoQC4s?t=2h17m39s
>>
>>2040503

I'm sorry you have trouble processing visual information. I know it can seem overwhelming, but you need to understand not everyone has this same disability.
>>
>>2040798
That's his only good documentary and just because he calls out propagandists doesn't mean he isn't one.

>>2042583
You're being very cringey if you think you look smart by claiming a 4 hour documentary with varying unrelated stock footage is somehow 'deep'. There are many documentaries which are far better. Just ask me and I'll tell you :).
>>
How can I watch Bitter Lake without the messed up audio if I don't live in the UK?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.