[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was it like to live in a British colony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0846.png (32KB, 1425x625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0846.png
32KB, 1425x625px
What was it like to live in a British colony
>>
>>2035927
French colonies were better ofc
>>
>>2035927
it's pretty comfy
>>
>>2035927
Depended on the colony. Settler colonies like Canada/Australia/NZ > Asian colonies like India/British Malaya/Hong Kong > African colonies like Nigeria/Kenya/Sudan
>>
File: kolonialmächte.jpg (593KB, 1280x1795px) Image search: [Google]
kolonialmächte.jpg
593KB, 1280x1795px
>>2035931
and better than belgian
>>
>>2036374
this image is hilarious, but I can never work out if it's being intentionally satirical about the Germans or not.
>>
>>2036446
Germans are famous for ordnung.
>>
>>2036446
Germans are aware that they have a love of order and structure.
>>
>>2036374
good old days.
>>
>>2036446
It's intentionally critical of German colonialism.

The German Colonialism was efficient and orderly but ultimately served little purpose.

The British Colonialism was brutal, but effective and made far better use of the locals than they would do with themselves.

The French were foppish faggots who had no real game plan for Colonialism and just played around.

The Belgians were brutal when the Government was in charge, and Leo and his goons were seen as outright maniacs in the eyes of most of Europe once light was shed on their shenanigans.
>>
File: bush.png (2MB, 835x1076px) Image search: [Google]
bush.png
2MB, 835x1076px
>>2036374
It wasn't a Belgian colony.
It was the "private property" of the person that happened to be king of Belgium.
>>
>>2035927
As a native or as a European?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.