[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have two questions, /his/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1478948756289.png (26KB, 469x331px) Image search: [Google]
1478948756289.png
26KB, 469x331px
First, was there ever a time when the HRE fully involved itself in a war with another nation, with each individual state inside the "empire" attacking the same nation?

The reason I ask is, I was in some EU4 game and I attacked one of them as another HRE member. All of them then proceeded to get into one huge coalition and try to gangbang me and I had to ally myself with Poland to match their numbers and strength.

In the end, it wasn't enough even when I allied myself with Poland, and they killed me and raped my nation.

Secondly, was the HRE actually this powerful if united against a common enemy, compared to the fictional scenario I presented?
>>
>>2029924
>compared to the fictional scenario I presented?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 200x252px
What was that?
>>
>>2029948
Yeah so, you wanna answer my questions or am I going to regret asking this?
>>
>>2029924
With the wars between the Holy Roman Empire and the Ottoman Empire you have lots of different states within the HRE participating, though I'm not sure if there was ever a single moment when every individual state was participating in a war.
>>
>>2029978
Was it a majority of HRE states attacking the Ottomans or was it just a fraction of them?
>>
>>2030022
The big states with the largest armies at least.
>>
File: HRE.png (256KB, 898x1226px) Image search: [Google]
HRE.png
256KB, 898x1226px
>>2030053
So it was just a fraction then.

See I'm looking for a historical scenario where most or all of them participated in some war.

If it never happened in history, then I guess we can't estimate or assume the total might of the HRE combined back then.
>>
Not really you had over 300 terretories which which only had the emperor about them some of them were just a single village or valley. To unite them for a war
Wasn't that easy but
>>2029978
Yeah against the turc the stood pretty pleps in the whole hre had to pay the türkenpfennig so the emperor could finance the war
>>
>>2029924

Did they ever fight the Mongols? Or at least field an army when they were raiding eastern Poland?
>>
>>2030502
For most of them take the wars against louis XIV in which only a few fought on the bourbonian site but even there were a constant switching (out of my had i know that of the tot 15 hre "states" Brandenburg, savoy and Bavaria fought with louis)
>>
>>2031296
Yes In the Battle Of liegnitz
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.