[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most pragmatic religion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 632.jpg (33KB, 434x431px) Image search: [Google]
632.jpg
33KB, 434x431px
What's the most pragmatic religion?
>>
>>2028873
define pragmatism.
>>
>>2028873
Christianity

>live good wholesome life
>have success on earth
>go to heaven
>>
File: Scripture.jpg (297KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Scripture.jpg
297KB, 800x600px
>>2028885
That's not what Christianity is about.

It's about accepting the gift of eternal life through the blood of Jesus Christ who sacrificed Himself for our sins.

All other religions are work-based, Christianity is the only one that requires you to believe in the God of the Bible and what He did for you. It's about having a personal relationship with Christ. You need to be born again, of the spirit and not the flesh.

You can't earn your way to heaven, we are all sinners.
>>
>>2028908
>I can have a relationship with the Lord and ignore all his commands and sin all the time
So when did you start going to church? Last week?
>>
>>2028918
Works are a result of a saved person, not the other way around. Once you know Christ you will naturally bring forth fruit.

And no, "once saved always saved" does not give you a license to sin. You'd be fighting against your conscience and dimming the holy spirit's guidance.
>>
>>
>>2028918
Shhh he's protestant.
>>
>>2028951
Is there anyone less self-aware than protestants?
>>
>>2028942
Then what are you arguing about? I said as much, [knowing Christ causes you] to lead a wholesome good life
>>
>>2028955
Muslims?
>We're not violent! I'll shoe you if you say again that we are!
>>
>>2028975
They are completely self-aware, taqiyya is real
>>
>>2028873
lack of thereof
>>
>>2028980
taquiyya is a Shia tradition of not revealing one's Shia identity among Sunnis
>>
>>2029003
t. Mahmoud
>>
>>2028998
euphoric
>>
File: Paganism.jpg (509KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Paganism.jpg
509KB, 1000x750px
>>2028957
No, you said
>live good wholesome life
>have success on earth
>go to heaven

No where did you mention the requirement to get saved.
>>
the biohazard thing to the right
>>
>>2028873
Atheism
>>
>>2028873
Hinduism because it can pretty much almost allow for all things
>>
>>2029026
I am, it's great to be enlightened by my own intelligence and not some phony "God"
>>
>>2028873
Naturalism + mysticism
>>
>>2028908
t. protestant heretic
>>
process theology minus all the christian shit
>>
>>2028885
>Have success on earth

Yeah, that's nice, but not the point, and potentially obstructive to entering the Kingdom of God. Living an intensely Christian life is not the easy path to wealth and material comfort, and it sure as hell wasn't for the apostles (or the early Church, for that matter).
>>
>>2028873
Buddhism in its philosophical, non-mystical traditions, obviously. There is no other religion that comes close to Buddhism in its potential universality for identifying practical earthly action and the relationship of this action with spiritual and virtual self-completion. Don't listen to these tunnel-visioned theists and their slavish, obsessive worship of human constructs -- or do, if you have reasoned it to be skillful action.
>>
>>2028908
> "Christianity isnt work based"
> Not reading Romans
Its works and faith bro man dude guy
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.