[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did people smoke weed in the history times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Did people smoke weed in the history times
>>
File: 1480195933825.png (23KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1480195933825.png
23KB, 370x370px
Since man's Dawn
Also that file name hurts me
>>
>>2023552
get more money senpai
>>
>>2023541

The ancient Poo In Loos used it since ~1,200 BC, they called it "Soma" and it features in several holy books.
>>
>>2023541
Most famous are probably the Assasins during the crusades. If they smoked or not I can't say but they were called hashish smokers
>>
>>2023541
scythians smoked weed
>>
>>2023587
nah soma was stronger shit, probably similar to DMT or harmaline
>>
There was hash in the bazars in MENA being consumed/sold
>>
Ancient Scythians burnt seeds to get high
>>
>>2023587
Let's not pretend we have any idea what soma is.
>>
>>2024124
seeds are shitty

niggas should have known the bud
>>
>>2024124
and look what happened to them
>>
>>2024128
^This.
If anything it was locally constrained, just like Aya. There's aya that's loaded to the gills with B. caapi and datura, while the tribe down the river has a brew that's essentially non hallucinogenic depending on availability, tradition, and location.

I IMAGINE Soma was likely the same, we have some indication of shrooms, some indication of ephedra, but most likely was made out of whatever handy for the person preparing it.
>>
>>2024414
I find it more likely that Soma was a more-or-less standardized brew of multiple psychoactive substances that was passed down orally amongst the priestly castes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.