[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the most glorious man ever lived? Discuss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: d0006967_4b2d77b55d1f4.jpg (375KB, 898x1200px) Image search: [Google]
d0006967_4b2d77b55d1f4.jpg
375KB, 898x1200px
Who was the most glorious man ever lived?

Discuss.
>>
>>2023274

napoleon even though it was shortlived.
churchill.
>>
File: calvin-coolidge_114099t.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
calvin-coolidge_114099t.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>>2023274
Calvin "Berate the State" Coolidge
>>
Napoleon
>>
>>2023282

But Napoleon thought it was Jesus. So who's right? You, or Napoleon?
>>
Alexander the Great
everyone else was just trying to copy him
>>
>>2023369
>Who is Jesus Christ?

"Well then, I will tell you. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne and I myself have founded great empires; but upon what did these creations of our genius depend? Upon force.

Jesus alone founded His empire upon love, and to this very day millions will die for Him. . . .

I think I understand something of human nature; and I tell you, all these were men, and I am a man; none else is like Him: Jesus Christ was more than a man. . . .

I have inspired multitudes with such an enthusiastic devotion that they would have died for me . . . but to do this is was necessary that I should be visibly present with the electric influence of my looks, my words, of my voice.

When I saw men and spoke to them, I lightened up the flame of self-devotion in their hearts. . . .

Christ alone has succeeded in so raising the mind of man toward the unseen, that it becomes insensible to the barriers of time and space.

Across a chasm of eighteen hundred years, Jesus Christ makes a demand which is beyond all others difficult to satisfy; He asks for that which a philosopher may often seek in vain at the hands of his friends, or a father of his children, or a bride of her spouse, or a man of his brother. He asks for the human heart; He will have it entirely to Himself. He demands it unconditionally; and forthwith His demand is granted. Wonderful! In defiance of time and space, the soul of man, with all its powers and faculties, becomes an annexation to the empire of Christ.

All who sincerely believe in Him, experience that remarkable, supernatural love toward Him.

This phenomenon is unaccountable; it is altogether beyond the scope of man's creative powers. Time, the great destroyer, is powerless to extinguish this sacred flame; time can neither exhaust its strength nor put a limit to its range.

This is it, which strikes me most; I have often thought of it. This it is which proves to me quite convincingly the Divinity of Jesus Christ."
>>
>>2023379

Well shit, guess that settles it.
>>
>>2023369
I doubt he was very sincere when he said that.

He also said Islam was the finest religion and that he preferred it to Christianity when he was ruling Egypt.

He was a deist himself and just saw religion as a tool to control people.
>>
>>2023387
>Jesus Christ was more than a man
Nah son, Napoleon opened everything up. OP asks specifically about a man. Napoopan thinks he is more than a man.
>>
>>2023424
Jesus was as much man as though he were not God, and as much God as though he were not man.

lrn2hypostatic union

>>2023393
Your doubts are noted.
>>
File: 411698_1.1.jpg (80KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
411698_1.1.jpg
80KB, 900x507px
Everybody is the most glorious man to ever live, its your job to make the world believe you though
>>
File: Gabriele_D'Annunzio_1922.jpg (115KB, 429x524px) Image search: [Google]
Gabriele_D'Annunzio_1922.jpg
115KB, 429x524px
Not many poet-warriors found their own state while single highhandedly pioneering modern politics and warfare, after diving headfirst into almost certain death countless times, but not every poet-warrior is this guy.
>>
>>2023379

Alexander was far more beloved than Jesus of Nazareth ever was, and his exploits have inspired more human activity than the philosophy of that little desert Jew.
>>
>>2023610

I thought you were talking about one of the Rashidun caliphs.
>>
ANDREW
JACKSON
>>
File: 75569-004-3B260631.jpg (55KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
75569-004-3B260631.jpg
55KB, 431x450px
Are possibly dramatized figures allowed
I'm guessing they are because if not this is gonna be a sad thread
>>
>>2023630
Rubbish.
>>
alexander the great, by far
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.