[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mythology thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: Punished Itztlacoliuhqui.jpg (291KB, 1022x646px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Itztlacoliuhqui.jpg
291KB, 1022x646px
Curved Obsidian Sword, formerly the Morning Star, was the only god who defied the Sun for demanding the gods to sacrifice themselves. He went blind when aiming for the Sun, who then sent him to the ninth level of the underworld (the deepest one) by shooting him back his own arrow.
Once revived in the region of dead, he became a lord of coldness and lifeless matter. Able to punish with death, he was known as a blindfolded justice among the men.
>>
File: 42.png (547KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
42.png
547KB, 600x600px
>>2019077
Mixcoatl-Camaxtli

>Mixcoatl was one of four children of Tonacatecutli, meaning "Lord of Sustenance," an aged creator god, and Cihuacoatl, a fertility goddess and the patroness of midwives. Sometimes Mixcoatl was worshipped as the "Red" aspect of the god Tezcatlipoca, the "Smoking Mirror," who was the god of sorcerers, rulers, and warriors. In one story, Tezcatlipoca transformed himself into Mixcoatl and invented the fire drill by revolving the heavens around their axes, bringing fire to humanity. Along with this cosmic fire drill, Mixcoatl was the first to strike fire with flint. These events made Mixcoatl a god of the Milky Way, along with war, and the hunt.

>Mixcoatl was the father of 400 sons, collectively known as the Centzon Huitznahua, who ended up having their hearts eaten by Huitzilopochtli. The Centzon Huitznahua met their demise when they, and their sister Coyolxauhqui, after finding their mother Coatlicue pregnant, conspired to kill her. However, as they attacked she gave birth to a fully formed and armed Huitzilopochtli, who proceeded to kill his half-siblings. Mixcoatl was also related to 400 more gods, the Centzonmimixcoa, whom, together with his 3 brothers (all different from the ones named above) and their sister, he slew by ambush. Mixcoatl was also thought of as being the father of another important deity, Quetzalcoatl, the feathered serpent.
>>
got any more?
>>
>>2019929
Aztec legend of the five suns animation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xJSIc1HmU8

this animation from the same people it seems deals with a section of the Popul Vuh (Maya creation story). However, it's missing the mythhistory latter part of the Popol Vuh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOEQNo5m4rg

And this is a Russian animation on theMochica myths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb9VtFS_I7I
>>
>>2019929
Do you know what do the red strips mean? I read that the men who incarnated him had the skin striped in the same way, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>2019929
Source for the pic?
>>
File: chalchi.png (536KB, 800x619px) Image search: [Google]
chalchi.png
536KB, 800x619px
Why did Tlaloc bully his own waif again?
>>
Aztec gods where thunder-cunts
Like, everyone was an asshole to each other one way or another
>>
>>2021623
This.
One of the worlds was destroyed because someone got bullied.
>>
>>2019077
im assuming the gold ring on his head is the blindfold? Why is his face long and curved?
>>
File: ans_18_03_2.jpg (163KB, 611x600px) Image search: [Google]
ans_18_03_2.jpg
163KB, 611x600px
>>2022493
That's where his name comes from, Curved Obsidian Blade.
>>
>>2021174
Not sure sorry.
>>2021184
http://nosuku-k.deviantart.com/

She does amateur manga on the Aztecs in her free time.
>>
File: 33.png (80KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
33.png
80KB, 400x400px
>>2023185
Macuilxochitl
>>
File: 17.png (165KB, 470x487px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
165KB, 470x487px
>>2023215
Huehuecoyotl, the hypersexual trickster.
>>
File: 16.png (197KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
197KB, 400x400px
>>2023217
Ehecatl
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.