[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about American rule in these islands.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

File: xkGimw1M.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
xkGimw1M.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Tell me about American rule in these islands.
>>
File: Freedom.gif (48KB, 291x200px) Image search: [Google]
Freedom.gif
48KB, 291x200px
It was glorious.
>>
File: Escolta 1930.jpg (94KB, 841x481px) Image search: [Google]
Escolta 1930.jpg
94KB, 841x481px
>>2003026
There's a saying in the Philippines "What Spain failed to do in 300 years, America accomplished in 50." The matter being discussed being modernization.

Which, to be fair, buys way too much into the black legend, propagated by WASPs and Philippine Nationalists, since Spain DID try- the Liberals in particular wanted to improve Spain's remaining colonies- unfortunately 3 Carlist Wars and a Conservative Government later, modernization was halted, sparking the anger of Filipinos and also Cubans, who saw themselves as proper Spanish subjects now pissed off at the center's continued marginalization of them.
>>
"Colonialism was a mistake"
>>
>>2003120
>Dude, defend an island archipelago from the beaches, lmao!
>Dude, China wont attack, lmao!
Douglas "Spooked by the Gook" McArthur.
Douglas "Takes a Slap from the Jap" MacArthur.
Douglas "Lets the Chink through the Chainlink," MacArthur
Douglas "Just wear the shades and the shame fades" MacArthur
>>
>>2003138

Dougie was objectively right about the post-War order though, regardless of how hard you may meme.

>Men since the beginning of time have sought peace. Various methods through the ages have been attempted to devise an international process to prevent or settle disputes between nations...Military alliances, balances of power, Leagues of Nations, all in turn failed, leaving the only path to be by way of the crucible of war.

>The utter destructiveness of war now blocks out this alternative. We have had our last chance. If we will not devise some greater and more equitable system, Armageddon will be at our door.

He was right about the Philippines, right about Japan and China, right about Korea.

We could have listened.
>>
>>2003163
>Largest surrender of US forces in history.
>Longest retreat of US forces in history.
>Hurr war!
>>
>>2003163
>Abwabwabwabwa Nucyulur Apocalypse.
Aaaand Russia is a saber rattling wreck and China is a US trading buddy and Capitalist as fuck.

Lose some more, Macarthur.
>>
File: Flag_of_the_Tagalog_people.svg.png (100KB, 2000x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_Tagalog_people.svg.png
100KB, 2000x1150px
not american related bu their flags were pretty cool

btw can anyone shop that one anime face into this one?
>>
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.