[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Japan think this was a good idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Why did Japan think this was a good idea?
>>
File: 1475157195493.jpg (28KB, 400x413px) Image search: [Google]
1475157195493.jpg
28KB, 400x413px
They were probably trying to push the decision in the other direction.

>If I decide to go to war with Japan, they'll probably do more of this

That or they were trying to provoke America into war for some reason(?)
>>
>>2002842
The leadership expected it would be a repeat of the Russo-Japanese War i.e. a devastating first-strike that crippled the US followed by swift co-ordinated attacks would force the US to sue for peace
>>
>>2002916
That makes sense, Russia was a huge Empire too, so they probably thought they could manage it.
>>
>>2002842
We , Japanese were foolish at that time
>>
>>2002842
American appetites include revenge. A literal culture shock.
>>
>>2002842
Hitler doing Barbarossa
>>
>>2002842
>Muh emperor
>muh samurai
>muh whaitu piggu
>muh spirit of red rising ping pong ball
>we so bad ass, so dedicated to grorious god emperor
>rets crash ourserves into american piggu ship

2 nukes later

>we rove big american penis!
>Japanes SMALL penis! VERY small!
>Am I kawaii enough desu ameri-kun?

Way to go Tojo. Hope all that anime is worth it.
>>
>>2002842
It was a massive gamble.

They threw. They lost.
>>
They thought they could deliver a knock punch, by take over Hawaii and other islands in the area, the usa would have no choice other than accept the fate of lossing thier navel force.
The thing they fail to complete is getting the carriers and pearl harbour repair / dock yards. They also could of taken out the oil supplies, this would've slowed usa.
>>
It would have been a good idea, if the carriers were there.
>>
>>2002842
They thought it would buy them six months of free reign without USN interference in Asia. It did.
>>
>>2002842
They didn't have any other choice. The american oil embargo would have crippled their military in a year.

They couldn't function without oil and couldn't get oil and hold their territories without forcing America to back off.

FDR forced their hand and the gambled. They lost.
>>
>>2003334
They had the choice. They just thought it was the best move.
And it could have been.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.