[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern to Future day Imperiali

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Is there a way a country could invade, conquer and annex another country without suffering backlash of nationalistic rebellion and rebels? Like.. some form of system to quench and satisfy nationalistic independance?

Crude Example: US invades mexico and mexico leads a nationalistic revolution for independance.
>>
>>2002052
No, nations are pretty sacrosanct at this point.

Unless it's lile Egypt annexing Libya, or China annexing another Chinese country, or Somalia and Djibouti.
>>
>>2002052
Depends, how harsh do you want to be? Imperialism does work, as long as your clever and ruthless enough.

A time tested method would be to find some local enforcer you can make nominally in charge, make them rich and they let you do whatever the hell you want with their nations resources.
>>
>>2002052
Send your population across the border and wait 50 years for them to outbreed the natives. Working for Mexico desu
>>
>>2002063
Well I wanted to know if it could be like Otto von bismark uniting territory to what is now modern day germany and have it function in unity. Except it be like maybe... the UK annexing France to form a single power that function not as a way of milking France of it'/ resources but as a way of just gainig more territory for the British population to move to and use up.

Although I know the option of just mass genocide and conquering the empty uninhabited cities is still on the table. Like how colonial rule was like. But would there be another way without mass killing?
>>
>>2002052
Modern imperialism is almost entirely financial, and uses force only when the rulers feel it's necessary.
It looks clean, and it's working out well for America, France, Germany and China.
>>
>>2002088
>Otto von Bismark

He did that by building on the foundation the nationalist revolutionarys had already done who had to work quiet long for that and with cooperation of the people.
>>
Russia taking the Crimea. Nobody did jack shit.
>>
Russia and China can just barely annex territories and even then only through a brutal display of hard power.

As for your question, if the EU doesn't desintegrate in the coming years they will keep expanding, mostly through financial and diplomatic means, with nary a sign of revolt.
>>
>>2003611
The sanctions are hitting Russia pretty hard.
Even then taking Crimea was a move of desperation.
As before that Russia was holding Ukraine firmly in it's sphere with the help of corruption.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.