[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would the Middle East be more stable if WWI had never happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: soldats-avec-drapeau.jpg (46KB, 600x462px) Image search: [Google]
soldats-avec-drapeau.jpg
46KB, 600x462px
Would the Middle East be more stable if WWI had never happened?
>>
Probably.
>>
>>2000083

No

muslims gonna muslim
>>
yes, the Ottoman empire would have remained intact and the world would be a better place today thanks to imperialism
>>
Would the Middle East be more stable if huge oil deposits had never been found?
>>
>>2002036
This
Oil powederkeg
>>
>>2000115
middle east is relatively stable region prior to WW1
>>
>>2000083
Ottomans may have held control a bit longer but I still see their empire collapsing without entering ww1, albeit later then when it did. It was always weakening and beginning to struggle by the 20th century.
>>
>>2003192
Last Post Best Post.

The Ottoman Empire was already doomed by the late 19th Century. I mean, not only did they have a shitload of financial and economic problems, but the fucking nationalisms -including one for """""Turks"""""- was ripping the empire apart.

A lot of the Civil Reforms of the Ottoman Empire such as the attempt at a constitution, the espousing of "Ottomanism," and Emancipation were efforts to curtail nationalisms but they were too late.

Lets throw in foreign Colonial rivals trying to expand at the expense of the Ottomans. I bet oil wouldve driven the Ottomans off the Middle East by European powers even if WWI didn't happen.
>>
>>2000083

the only thing that would make the middle east stable would be to get rid of every middle easterner.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.