[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Somali civil war

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1515.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1515.png
2MB, 1334x750px
Lets talk about that
>>
>>1998917
Whar was rhe political situation in Somalia after the creation of the Transnational Somali goverment?
>>
Why is somalia even allowed to exist? It literally only functions off piracy.
>>
File: situation in somalia 9-29.png (483KB, 1258x1600px) Image search: [Google]
situation in somalia 9-29.png
483KB, 1258x1600px
>>1998917
It was bloody, but it should have been left alone. When foreign governments intervened, they invited all kinds of resistance groups and jihadists to bring their hatred of the West to Somalia. The West did not mean for that to happen... they just wanted to stop the slaughter of civilian populations.

>>1998919
It took much of the country back at first. They moved their capital a couple times, if memory recalls, in order to centralize the nation better. Islamic resistance lost its unity and broke apart. This made several dangerous factions that both fought the Somali government and itself. One of these little shit-shows is now Al-Shabaab. 2008 got really bad for the government and the West lost faith in it as corruption became so rampant that lenders refused to aid the Transitional Government. It doomed Somalia horribly and made the current, Federal Government have a poor starting position among both the people of Somalia and the world community abroad. Much like this >>1999024 anon says, Somalia has almost no infrastructure to speak of after its civil war and Islamic terror wars.

>>1999024
It's allowed to exist because nobody else will take it. You think Ethiopia wants to take on millions of starving, extremist Muslims? How about Kenya? It's mainly a large badland area that has several self-governing groups who happen to all be called "Somalia"

Here is a good map from last year on Somalia. It's gotten worse now actually
>>
File: Somali pirate.jpg (257KB, 2442x1832px) Image search: [Google]
Somali pirate.jpg
257KB, 2442x1832px
>>2000426
They are a very militant people, so conquering or uniting them will be a daunting task for future governments... if they can keep their greedy hands out of the public funds.
>>
File: Taking down pirates.jpg (875KB, 2048x1368px) Image search: [Google]
Taking down pirates.jpg
875KB, 2048x1368px
>>2000432
>>
File: 1.jpg (579KB, 1247x855px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
579KB, 1247x855px
>>1998917
Black people chimped out
The end
>>
>>2000426
Why won't the international community recognize Somaliland?
>>
Time and time again, on men I shower kindness. If they are not satisfied, for them bedding I prepare and I invite them to slumber.
If they are as yet unsatisfied, the milk of Suub, the she-camel for them thrice I milk and to them I say"Come and drink."
If they are as yet unsatisfied the ram of the homestead and the stout he-goat for them I kill.
If they are as yet unsatisfied, the Aden plate with ghee for them I fill.
If they are as yet unsatisfied, a beauteous girl, complete with bridal home I offer.
If they are as yet unsatisfied, I set aside livestock which I add to the gift.
If they are as yet unsatisfied, I say "Oh brothers-in-law!" and heap salutations on them.
If they are as yet unsatisfied at dawn I prepare the bay horse and uttering the words "Praise be to the Prophet" the iron-shafted spear I put in their side and through their lungs. Only then are they satisfied.

https://youtu.be/PwJZMZdUO7c
>>
>>2000458
Borders are sacrosant since WW2
No matter that its a functioning state, the UN insists that they return to Somalia (which strangely the good people of Somaliland dont find very appealing)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.