[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is seeking a career in anthropology worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 234823745566.jpg (9KB, 228x210px) Image search: [Google]
234823745566.jpg
9KB, 228x210px
Is seeking a career in anthropology worth it?
>>
>>1998839
>anthropology
>career

maybe if you can get paid neetbux to study 4chan cultures
>>
>>1998839
Yes. Follow your dreams. Would you rather have a fulfilling career or a boring one you don't want? Any career is "worth it."
>>
>>1998839
Depends on what subfield you want to go into. I'm really only qualified to talk about archaeology, but I do know it's much, much harder to get a career in cultural anthro or linguistics. Obviously most people who go into those fields and manage to make a career out of it do so in academia, so you'll need to be good enough (and well-off enough) to get through grad school and land a professorship somewhere. I don't know how hard it is to walk down that route these days, but you can count on plenty of competition and it's not like you'll make bank even if you succeed. If you're a physical anthropologist it's a little easier, some of them go into forensics etc, but again that's outside of my experience.

It's late here, so I'm not gonna write up a whole long screed if it's going to be wasted, but career prospects in archaeology is one thing I am qualified to talk about, so if that sounds like something you're interested in let me know and I'll reply when I check back here. If archaeology's not your thing and you have your heart set on being a cultural anthropologist then I can't really help you beyond wishing you lots of luck, which you'll need.
>>
File: 14344755765643.jpg (15KB, 220x294px) Image search: [Google]
14344755765643.jpg
15KB, 220x294px
>>1998893
OP here. I'm up now and will keep the tab up if you do wish to share your views on what you know.

At the moment I'm looking towards Cultural Anthropology but I have no real experience with the others or archaeology so I'm trying to still stay open-minded. Personally, I've been very interested in the transmission of practices and ideas over time. Not simply for historical interest but mainly so to better understand the very basics of modern conflicts so to better advise people. That's my intent, anyway. My key interests recently is the western transition from Aristotelian to Post-Modern and its compatibility with other cultures alongside classical intellectual/religious traditions and trying to understand where those classical systems differ substantially. These interests are subject to change, no doubt, and I am open to other forms of anthropology besides cultural, as I said, but I suppose my main interest is allowing people to understand each other better and accurately and that's what I want to pursue.
>>
File: 1478776515843.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1478776515843.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>1998839
Lmaooooo Ohhohohoho great b8 op gr8 b8 m8

But seriously are you fucking stupid ?
I know 4 (four) people who took anthropology in uni as a major. It's been...2....3 years since they all graduated and only one.of them has found work...in a makeup salon.
>>
>>1998839
No, before rehabilitation of Hitler.
>>
>>1998839
>career
>anthropology
Choose one.
>>
>>1998839
The Jews will give you some money if you publish works that deny the reality of race (except the Jewish race). Not much though.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.