[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Thanksgiving dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (13KB, 281x179px)
images.jpg
13KB, 281x179px
Why is Thanksgiving dead?
>>
>>1996280
Thanksgiving is not dead. The turkey is being roasted as I type.
>>
>>1996280
Liberals
>>
>>1996280
Black Friday, Christmas, and consumerism.
>>
>>1996310

Basically this. I started getting emails about Black Friday deals like 2 weeks ago.
>>
This will sound /pol/ but hear me out

Modern internet has decreased our interest in doing shit irl

just last weekend my friends and i had plans to hang out but we all agreed it would be much nicer to just stay inside and talk on discord and watch movies together. it was comfy.

the same thing applies to holidays. no one cares about family anymore as you no longer rely on one another, your parents will both work and are basically just caretakers who provide cash.

family is a dying ideal, and so are its traditions.
>>
>>1996435
>>1996310
These. I wonder what post-family society will be like?
>>
>>1996691
Japan. Only slightly worse. Birth rates are fucked. Seriously. The biggest problem facing western nations is birth rate
>>
>>1996435
That doesn't sound /pol/ but rather a long running concern that started since the Catholic Church legislated against agnatic tribalism
>>
File: x.jpg (75KB, 564x762px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
75KB, 564x762px
>>
>>1996280
It's dead? We don't really give a shit about black Friday in my family so that might be why it's still going on onn my end.
>>
>>1996435
>but if everyone starts reading books, then no one will talk to each other!
>>
because it isn't???
>>
It's not dead. I get together with my whole family every year and we have a massive 3 course meal every time.

Despite being a fairly moderate workaholic urbanite myself, too many of us are just money hungry shitbirds who are seriously losing all forms of cultural taste and passion for the arts and family in favor of adopting the neo "working" culture — the culture that no longer perceives an "end" to a day of work since you're still receiving work emails and texts on your phone all day and night and weekends, who is super concerned about making six figures and owning their own business eventually and spending their whole lives reading blogs and cheap e-books to try and further their career expertise, who does less and less in their own lives thanks to Amazon Echo and all of these automated digital services that let you focus purely on your work every minute of your life, who are constantly ordering out and clogging up their veins over time and who thinks showing that you care means giving someone a gift card to some random place you heard they shopped at once. I hate that world and try to fight it every day, even if it means preventing myself from earning more in life.
>>
If you really want a holiday nobody gives a shit about, try 'citizenship day'.
>>
>>1996435
>watching movies on discord instead of physically meeting your friends
>hurr the internet is causing society and family to decline

speak for yourself autist autismo

literally no one does that shit and if they do internet is not to blame
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.