[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Stalin was so crazy, why didn't he push the nuclear button

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: stalin for time.jpg (47KB, 624x624px) Image search: [Google]
stalin for time.jpg
47KB, 624x624px
If Stalin was so crazy, why didn't he push the nuclear button when he knew he was close to death?
>>
>>1996213
>If Stalin was so crazy,

Why should I accept this premise?
>>
Because that would have been wrong, and Stalin did nothing wrong.
>>
Stalin was not crazy at all.
>>
>>1996227
>>1996220
alright, but he was evil - pure evil
>>
>>1996240
Get the fuck out you spooked faggot.
>>
>>1996213
First - they didn't have a button back then. They had planes. Second - we can't be sure if he knew he was dying or was the time of death chosen for him. Third - he might not have been creazy but he was evil for sure
>>
>>1996240
To call Stalin "pure evil" is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Joseph Stalin is one of the most if not the most complex character in human history and to whittle him down to "good" or "evil" is impossible.

Stalin reached the highest highs of human liberation, he created a state that accepted its diversity and worked collectively and he destroyed the Nazis. He was also ruthless in his consolidation of power and made more than a few mistakes in the implementation of a planned economy.

There is no way to call Stalin good or evil, Stalin was a complex chaotic neutral who in the end did more good than he did harm. at least in my opinion.
>>
>>1996240
>pure evil
>>
He didn't expect to die when he stroked
>>
>>1996254
>destroyed the nazis

by accident my man
>>
>>1996213
>If Stalin was so crazy, why didn't he push the nuclear button when he knew he was close to death?

He wasn't that old. He likely though he still had a few years ahead when he either had a stroke or got poisoned.
>>
File: 1470033949864.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470033949864.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>1996254
>34-49 million deaths linked directly to Stalin
>"He was a complex man, guys! He only wanted to do good! At least he beat the Nazis!"
Fuck off, commie fag.
>>
>>1996213
Stalin wasn't crazy. He was just paranoid, greedy for power, and willing to use extreme action to pursue the greater good.
>>
>>1996240
He wasn't pure evil. He honestly had good intentions but believed anybody who disagreed (or was suspected of disagreement) ought to be imprisoned or shot.

Stalin was evil through his actions, not his intent. Executing 700,000 people and letting millions starve makes him evil.
>>
>>1996300
What the fuck do you mean by that?
>>
>>1996254
>he created a state that accepted its diversity

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>1996359
Why are you pulling numbers out of your ass? The consensus is anywhere between 4 to 15 million, depending on which deaths are attributed to Stalin.

Even Robert Conquest, fiercely right-wing historian who defined any death in the Gulag for any reason as caused by Stalin, admitted that his Cold War-era bodycount was an exaggeration.
>>
>>1996392
he had plenty of evil intent
the basic intent of communism is far from the intents of stalin
>>
>>1996407
What evil intent?
>>
>>1996407
I disagree, Stalin was clearly a Marxist.

He just honestly believed a repressive state was necessary to create a peaceful libertarian future free from need or want.
>>
>>1996254
>he created a state that accepted its diversity
He deported entire ethnic groups and oppressed languages and cultures in favour of Russian.

>he destroyed the Nazis
He did? As far as I know he worked with them until Hitler betrayed the pact. His purges caused the catastrophic failures of the Red Army in 41-42.

HE WUZ A GUD BOI.

HE EXECUTED EVERYONE WHO EVER SAID ANYTHING HE DISLIKED OR WHO HE ASSUMED TO NOT LIKE HIM OR ANY OF HIS POLICIES IN ANY SLIGHT WAY. HE SENT SOME OF HIS OWN EXTENDED FAMILY TO THE GULAGS BUT HE WUZ CHAOTIC NEUTRAL MY MANE. LENIN WARNED ABOUT HIM BUT HE DON'T UNDERSTAND THE "HIGHEST HIGHS OF HUMAN LIBERATION" MY DUDE. AFTER HIS DEATH THERE WAS AN ALMOST INSTANT PROCESS OF DESTALINIZATION AND ONE OF HIS CLOSEST ASSOCIATES CALLED HIM A POWER HUNGRY ANIMAL.

Get the fuck out of here commieboo.
>>
>>1996449
> oppressed languages and cultures in favour of Russian
What are you talking about? He clearly opressed Russians too.
>>
Was he really crazy or did you just fall victim to capitalist propaganda?
>>
>>1996449
>As far as I know he worked with them until Hitler betrayed the pact.
That's why he was building up his military and industry in the Eastern Soviet Union in anticipation of a German invasion.

You need to learn more about soviet history. Why should I trust you on your claim that Stalin "deported entire ethnic groups" when you say Stalin wasn't preparing for a potential Nazi invasion. He did forcibly move a lot of Jews to the east during 1939-1940 in anticipation of a potential nazi invasion, Look up the Third Five Year Plan m80
>>
Nobody thinks he was crazy, just power hungry and willing to kill anyone to keep it. He didn't know he was close to death, he had a sudden stroke and died, and do couldn't plan everything like he knew was about to die.
>>
Stalin was a very smart person, he was also someone who believed the ends justified the means. There is no benefit to nuclear war, and his narcissism was definitely focused on him attaining glory by raising up the collective, which nuclear war would not do.

Stalin was a very well read man, he wasn't a terrible philosopher either. He wasn't good, he wasn't evil. He probably the ultimate Machiavellian genius and he gave us so many fantastic quotes.
>>
File: 1436537415976.jpg (39KB, 381x440px) Image search: [Google]
1436537415976.jpg
39KB, 381x440px
>>1996468
>Googling is hard

>Stalin conducted a series of deportations on a huge scale which profoundly affected the ethnic map of the Soviet Union.[13] It is estimated that between 1941 and 1949 nearly 3.3 million were deported to Siberia and the Central Asian republics.[14] By some estimates up to 43% of the resettled population died of diseases and malnutrition.[15]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_transfer_in_the_Soviet_Union#Ethnic_operations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deportation_of_the_Crimean_Tatars

It was not until 1991 that the Crimean Tatars, Meskhetian Turks and Volga Germans were allowed to return en masse to their homelands. The deportations had a profound effect on the non-Russian peoples of the Soviet Union and they are still a major political issue - the memory of the deportations played a major part in the separatist movements in Chechnya and the Baltic republics.
>>
File: deportations.png (11KB, 1388x2136px) Image search: [Google]
deportations.png
11KB, 1388x2136px
>>1996468
>Why should I trust you on your claim that Stalin "deported entire ethnic groups"
>>
>>1996451
but not because of their language and culture
>>
>>1996542
>>
File: bullshitquotes.com.jpg (46KB, 600x245px) Image search: [Google]
bullshitquotes.com.jpg
46KB, 600x245px
Great politician and leader. Certainly had some fuck ups but overall a memorable statesman. Sadly, due to the amount of bullshit and propaganda surrounding his figure it will be a while before we can discuss it accurately.
>>
>>1996451
Stalin's liberation greatly outweighs his oppression
>>
>>1996254
You're right about Stalin being a highly complex character, but he was also one of biggest "monsters" in history no doubt.
Compared to him and his regime Hitler was a little baby and Nazi Germany was liberal place.
>>
>>1996254
>>1996213

Go back to /r/Communism
>>
The most important reason is that it's extremely hard to launch a nuclear strike when you just had a stroke, while Beria is smothering you with your favourote pillow.
>>
>>1997169
>Compared to him and his regime Hitler was a little baby and Nazi Germany was liberal place.
Hitler killed a lot more in a few years than Stalin in his entire regime.
>>
>>1997169
>attributing war losses to Stalin
>not to Hitler, whose boys were burning civilians alive
>>
>>1996213
He wasn't crazy in a literal sense and you couldn't just push a nuke button so your entire premise is flawed.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.