[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the anti-intellectual stance? A. People with college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 87984-004-5ADE9ACA.jpg (27KB, 375x450px) Image search: [Google]
87984-004-5ADE9ACA.jpg
27KB, 375x450px
Which is the anti-intellectual stance?

A. People with college degrees are intellectually superior to those without, so more people should get college degrees.

B. People without college degrees can engage in intellectual pursuits which rival or outperform those who have degrees, and they should be encouraged to do so (thus defeating the purpose of degrees existing at all).
>>
I've always characterized it more as "Those with college degrees think they know what is best for everyone, but it really doesn't look like it from my perspective so I will resist."
>>
>A. People with college degrees are intellectually superior to those without, so more people should get college degrees.

This one. It suffers from the ludic fallacy
>>
>>1995898
A is the anti-intellectual stance.

Colleges and universities need to be razed and restructured, so as to again become a meeting ground for superior aristocratic minds.
>>
>>1995898

A

A college degree means you're likely to be more intellectually qualified than average.
>>
>>1995946
That's fucking retarded

Mental Illness, incest and backstabbery don't advance society, scientists, writers and businessmen do, not retarded LARPing silverspoons with no work ethic
>>
The first. College educated can mean anything from being a microbiologist to a fememist that refuses to use rational thought.
>>
File: gauss.jpg (12KB, 220x280px) Image search: [Google]
gauss.jpg
12KB, 220x280px
>>1995953
Nice bourgeoisie propaganda you cuck.

Scientific advancements have historically only been found by aristocratic autiste geniuses whom practiced some field of science as a hobby.
>>
Before Internet
>B
After Internet
>A

There's no real practical reason to go do college these days, other than to get a 'u smart' paper that can help you get a job
>>
>>1995964
I know it is in a way true, but kek
>>
>>1995964
Or Merchants.
Or Kings.

The problem with Pre Industrial Research and Applied Technology is that Pre Industrial it takes a lot of time to do technology.

Image writing a book on metallurgy, page by page, when there is no standardized language for it inside of Latin. And each regional dialect has words with different meanings for the subject.
And because sharing isn't top priority, everything you write down might be wrong.
Diagrams might exist, but they are not standardized enough that you can make a shitty one, and everyone can copy.
Limited material salvage and no mass production means very low productivity in general.

Remember: Pre modern is a time when some rich somebody would encounter a problem, and post a Bounty expecting some entry level solution in 10-30 years.
The person providing a solution might not even have, he might be a trader from some exotic region, who will on his natural trade route try to pick up the solution.
"Exotic" in this case would be anywhere thats further away than the next city state over.
>>
>>1995982
Honestly it was useless even before the internet.
Academia is a bizarre remnant from medieval times. The internet is the last nail on the coffin.

t. man who is doing a PhD for the sole purpose of remaining a student a few years more, like 90% of PhD even if they don't admit it
>>
>>1995941
this

>>1995982
and this
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.