[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What treaties were as harsh as the Treaty of Versailles? Did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: henning-wehn_2.jpg (53KB, 640x944px) Image search: [Google]
henning-wehn_2.jpg
53KB, 640x944px
What treaties were as harsh as the Treaty of Versailles? Did they end up having the same effects as the ToV?
>>
As far as I know the Treaty of Trianon was way harsher, at least from the Hungarians' perspective.
>>
Treaty of Sevres.
>>
File: 706brest-litovsk.png (19KB, 300x467px) Image search: [Google]
706brest-litovsk.png
19KB, 300x467px
>Versailles was harsh
Do you even Brest-Litovsk?
>>
>>1991582
>What treaties were as harsh as the Treaty of Versailles?

Very few treaties were as lenient as Versailles
If you want a much harsher treaty than Versailles, an easy comparison is the Post-WW2 Peace imposed on Germany (which unlike Versailles suceeded at preventing further chimpouts)
>>
>>1991582
Ottoman Empire partition
>>
>>1991582
Versailles wasn't harsh though.
>>
>>1991582
>Versailles was why WWII happened
Stop this meme.
The great depression and modernism was the cause.
>>
>>1991582
First Punic War
>>
>>1992802
Versailles' leniency is responsible though
It was was obvious Germans would be butthurt about their defeat abd want a revenge, and Versailles by letting Germany intact permitted them to have their revenge
>>
>>1992813
I'd argue it wasn't that it was about the leniency, so much as the allies being too politically weak to enforce anything.
They could have smacked Germany the fuck around the second they walked into the Rhineland. But they were too drained.
>>
>>1991582
It was about as harsh on Germany as the Congress of Vienna was on France.
>>
>>1992834
Even less harsh if you consider the fact that Germany actually started WW1 while France didnt start the Napoleonic Wars
>>
>>1992821
This guy gets it. There was nothing inherently wrong with Versailles, it would have worked had it been enforced. I guess in an ideal world, a harsher treaty would have been better, but in reality if they wouldn't even enforce what we got, I don't it's likely they would have enforced a harsher treaty either. The best that was realistically possible was enforcing the Treaty as it was written IRL
>>
Anons, would I be right in saying:

Harsher than Versailles: Brest-Litovsk, basically all the other Paris Peace Conference Treaties (St. Germain, Trianon, Neuilly, Sevres)
As Harsh as Versailles: Treaty of Frankfurt 1871, Treaty of Paris 1815, the treaties Napoleon signed with Austria, Prussia, etc. when he beat them
Less Harsh than Versailles: Can't think of any (at least in equivalent situations where one side clearly won, as opposed to compromise peaces)
>>
>>1992424
>at least from the Hungarians' perspective
This is a quite important aspect: it's not just about whether a treaty is actually harsh but whether it's perceived as harsh or unjust.
>>
>>1992813
Even if the treaty was harsher it wouldn't have any effect if it's ignored and nobody was in the mood to enforce a treaty after the disaster that was WW1. No matter how harsh you made the treaty it would have simply been ignored.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.