[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What religion do you see still being alive 500, 1000 or 2000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Bernard.jpg (124KB, 1200x780px) Image search: [Google]
Bernard.jpg
124KB, 1200x780px
What religion do you see still being alive 500, 1000 or 2000 years from now and why?
>>
>>1988021
>being alive
Define alive. Zoroastrism for example still has a couple 100k followers, although technically dead.
>>
>>1988021
Islam. Everything else will be destroyed. Even human progress.

Islam will take over and we will be waiting until a comet wipes us out.

A waste of potential one might say but life, and with it intelligent human life is just a molecular coincidence. It is a consequence of random events that arose from the way things are and has no meaning.
>>
>>1988021
Judaism
>>
Islam and Christianity easily make another 500 years.
Islam may even get over the next 1000
After that theyll be distorted or overcome by other faiths.
>>
I believe that religion in 2000 years will resemble nothing like the religion we see now. It will probably have all sorts of weird mixtures, so my guess is that the five biggest ones will be Odinist-Christianity, Zen-Shiism, Space Judaism, the Marxist Zulu rites and a religion that believes that drinking nothing but Pepsi can land you to heaven, called Obesitum
>>
>>1988021
>What religion do you see still being alive 500, 1000 or 2000 years from now and why?
If we base our answer on the current most common and spatially covered religions it would just be Abrahamic religions and Buddhism.
>>
>>1988021
Probably atheism
>>
>>1988021
Islam
other religions will be wiped out by then
>>
>>1988122
Dunno.
Its only the wests weakness that gives them an edge. China could go Genghis on them if they would really want to.
>>
File: china china china.jpg (164KB, 587x1031px) Image search: [Google]
china china china.jpg
164KB, 587x1031px
>>1988137
>China could go Genghis on them
>them
>>
>>1988173
>“Most believers of Islam belong to ethnic minority groups and it is common for a woman to give birth to several children. The children would also become Muslims while it is very rare to have an adult converting to Islam.”

Lol, proselytisation by breeding always the same.

Might be a future factor, but they do a pretty complete job at whiping out minorities they dont like. Uighurs get made into minorities on their own ground and the fact that they dropped the one childpolicy while starting to promote conservative pro state values in school ever stronger might render this trend meaningless.
>>
>>1988190
Regardless it's growing without any infrastructure or propaganda, imagine if they actually cared to shill and lobby the politicians and just look at how effective the lowcost da*sh propaganda machine is (was?).
>>
>>1988228
>it's growing without any infrastructure or propaganda
Its growing by fucking and you can bet your ass that islamic countries are trying to fund proselytisers there as they do everywhere else.

>lobby the politicians
Dude its china.
you dont just lobby a politician there.
>>
Why do people think Islam will stop. Look at fucking history dear /his/.
>>
>>1988021
I'll give Protestantism 500 years. And that's being generous, protestants inevitably turn to atheists (Sweden, Czechs, Estonia etc.)

As for Catholicism, much depends upon the pope that succeeds this one. All Francis has done is try to act like a fucking hipster. It will surely last, but it will wane if it doesn't take a harder approach.

Orthodoxy will remain probably for the next 1000 years. The various Orthodox churches are bastions of conservatism in their respective countries.

Islam will rise. Islam will.... unfortunately rise, because of the lenience of the west.
>As far as the church bells are heard, you will have to shoot out Islam's arrow.

Pacifist multiculturalism isn't good when there's a mad death cult that wants to dominate and become the only religion in the world, by any means necessary
>>
In all probability I wouldn't be surprised if Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism survive for another 2000 years. However, I doubt that most of them would function the same way or look the same as they do now. Islam especially seems ripe for some kind of major "reform" given the power vacuum that will arise in the mid-east, or maybe a pivot from Arabia to East-asia will spark change. Highly doubt any single one would dominate the world, Islam isn't as far-reaching as doomsayers would like to believe, especially not in modern western countries.
>>
John 10:16

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Ready yourselves. We don't celebrate Christmas for no reason.
>>
>>1988071
kek but also not entirely stupid. Korean psuedo-Christianity with all of that insane shamanism mixed in is gaining traction, maybe they'll take over. But then again their president is one wrong word away from a lynching after it got out she was into that shit so who knows?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.