[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychological warfare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (11KB, 281x144px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 281x144px
Psychological warfare throughout history

>Inca army

>made fucking military parades in front of enemy to scare them. All soldiers were silent to show discipline
>yelled and at the enemy when the generals ordered it
>shamans cursing enemies
>exterminated the entire enemy ethnic group if the leader didn't surrender
>>
>>1984845
>making fun of the enemy*
>>
>>1984845
The Nguni warriors of Southern Africa would line up with the enemy, proclaim their ancestral lineage, and then proceed to trade insults about each other's mothers before throwing spears and running away
>>
> yfw the inca gives you the death stare
>>
Btw how effective is psychological warfare? Can it cripple an opposing force or is it just a meme?
>>
>>1984845

Literally rape.
>>
>>1985059
Psychological wwrfare attacks one of the main elements of an army: morale

For example, enemies can get frustrated for not being able to spot an attacking sniper. A famous case in the Cuban revolution was that snipers would shoot at the first men in line, so the others would get scared of marching, therefore breaking the group.
>>
>>1985059

denying sleep is most certainly effective
>>
>>1985059
Many examples in history:
- Alexander keeping campfires lit before Issus/Gaugamela to make persians think he would attack at night. The latter did not sleep and in the next morning they were awe enough

- I cannot remember if it was some chinese or mongolian general who, being heavily outnumbered, ordered tons of campfires to be lit so the enemy would think they were far more than they really were. It worked
>>
Were there ever instances where the soldiers on one side would commonly rape captured soldiers?

I remember reading Blood Meridian and the Commanches were said to sodomize dying soldiers even before the battle was over. Was wondering if that was ever true anywhere in history.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.