[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is playing Russian Roulette legal in the US?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: deer-hunter.jpg (15KB, 316x211px) Image search: [Google]
deer-hunter.jpg
15KB, 316x211px
Is playing Russian Roulette legal in the US?
>>
>>1981804
Well they can't put you in jail when you have a hole in your head.
>>
>>1981847
considering I survive of course
>>
There's no specific laws against it but the police can arrest you for threatening your own life and a judge can rule that you're mentally incapitated and order you to involuntary attend an in-patient psyciatrict hospital, like all other suicide attempts.
>>
>>1981909
> like all other suicide attempts.

but I'm not attempting suicide
the point of the game is to not die
>>
nothing is illegal as long as you dont get caught
>>
In 'Murka, we play polish roulette.
>>
>>1981942
What's that?
>>
>>1981804
Suicide is actually against the law and your family gets fined for it. It causes a lot of trouble with landlords and if it occurs in public and such.
>>
It's very unlikely that you manage to shoot yourself while playing rr. The bullet generally spins down.
>>
>>1981938
deepest lore
>>
>>1982300
really? whats the odds? i might try
>>
File: meh.jpg (36KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
36KB, 500x291px
>>1981947
>>
>>1982270
>>1981909

So the main issue is the suicide thing?

Let's say me and my buddies decide to play a round of Russian Roulette and one of us dies.
Will the rest of us get in trouble or only the one who lost because suicide is illegal?
>>
dont play russian roulette
>>
>>1982300
this doesnt apply to modern revolvers or ones that have a heavier cylinder.
>>
>>1982380
how does one win Polish roulette?
>>
>>1984446
One less pole in the room.
>>
>In a 1946 U.S. legal case, Commonwealth v. Malone, 47 A.2d 445 (1946), a Pennsylvania teenager's conviction for murder in the second degree as a result of shooting a friend during a game of Russian roulette, was upheld by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. The court ruled that "When an individual commits an act of gross recklessness without regard to the probability that death to another is likely to result, that individual exhibits the state of mind required to uphold a conviction of manslaughter even if the individual did not intend for death to ensue."[4] However, in the Malone case the teenagers involved played a modified version of Russian roulette, called Russian poker, in which they took turns aiming and pulling the trigger of the revolver at each other, rather than at their own heads. It has not yet been established whether simply participating in a game of Russian roulette in which another participant kills himself by his own hand would constitute manslaughter or some lesser form of conspiracy or homicide.

US only thou
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.