[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait, if Joseph was a carpenter, does that mean he likely made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 51YFNAGFMDL.jpg (49KB, 323x349px) Image search: [Google]
51YFNAGFMDL.jpg
49KB, 323x349px
Wait, if Joseph was a carpenter, does that mean he likely made crosses for the Romans to crucify people on?
>>
The Jews didn't crucify people, so I'm not sure they'd be making the crosses for the Romans.
>>
>>1981455
Reminder that if you consider yourself an oldfag and you have never watched the Greatest Story Never Told then you are disillusioning yourself about 4chan culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnu5uW9No8g
>>
>>1981455
Jesus being a carpenter emerged out of a mistranslation of the Greek Word "Tekton." Meaning "Craftsman." Anyone occupying a skilled job.
>>
>>1981539
>Anyone occupying a skilled job.
So what was his alleged job?
>>
>>1981460
I was hear since 04 and I never saw this mentioned untill a few years ago. Mostly on /pol/

Shill elsewhere
>>
>>1981455
mason is probably a better translation
>>
>>1981544
This. Actual oldfags remember when we memed white nationalist so hard one of them tried to sue 4chan.
>>
>>1981542
Priest
>>
>>1981542
Mason, actually.
>>
>>1981455
You don't need a skilled carpenter to nail two pieces of lumber at a perpendicular angle.

The idea was that your illiterate, unskilled legionaries could quickly slap together a shit load of them in time to string up a bunch of traitors and leave them dying on the side of the road to remind people the cost of opposing the Roman government.

Joseph's status as a skilled laborer meant that his family was neither destitute nor affluent, but probably what we would consider the lower middle class or working class.
>>
>>1982420
>You don't need a skilled carpenter to nail two pieces of lumber at a perpendicular angle.

Union rules say you do.
>>
>>1981539
came here to post this
>>
6 out of 14 threads on the frontpage of /his/ are about religion. This is less than the average.

I fucking hate it. We need a dedicated religion board.
>>
>>1982485
This is an OK religion thread since we're not shitposting dogma or MUH X IS TRUE THAN YOUR Y but instead the particulars of historic text.

>>1982420
SOmetimes, given that crucifixion is not standard at all, you just need one plank to tie/nail the guy up to.
>>
>>1982485
All of the religion threads are "bait tier" joke threads doubt anyone posting is actually serious or christian
>>
>>1982509
this. we don't need to get rid of religion threads, just stupid shit like this and the creationism threads.
>>
>>1981544
>>1981561
I don't like it too, but /pol/ now runs this site. Good thing that I can still minimize or filter them.
>>
File: pottery man.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pottery man.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>1981455
IT'S LIKE POTTERY
>>
>>1982485
Talking about human history without religion is like trying to come up with a comprehensive theory of human behavior that doesn't include sex. You're blatantly omitting a hugely influential aspect of human behavior.

If you don't like religion threads then it's simple: don't click on them.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.