[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Evidence of Slavs in the Rurik Family?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: rurik.jpg (139KB, 640x434px) Image search: [Google]
rurik.jpg
139KB, 640x434px
I have just written a report on the Rurik Dynasty for University. It's a pretty good report but there is something missing in it, the exact names of Slavic people in the family. Every source I came across said the Rurik family quickly intermarried with Russian Slavs or qucikly became Russian within a few centuries. However when I look for names I can't find a single names of these supposed Slavs even from the most pathetic of sources. Wikipedia can only trace me back to Rurik and Ogla of Kiev who were both Vangarians.

This leads me to wonder how much of this is bullshit and how much is fact. According to 1920s Nordicist Historians the entire Rurik family was entirely Scandinavian, according to USSR the whole family was Slavic. However the Nordicists can at least come up with names of Nordic people within the family while the anti-Normanists can't even make something up. So what is the truth of this whole family?
>>
>>1980801
>Rurik and Ogla of Kiev who were both Vangarians.
It was Olga's husband, Igor of Kiev, who was related to Rurik. Olga was not.
>>
>>1980896
They were still Vangarian, were there any Slavs
>>
>>1980801
Vladimir's mother was a slav slave.
Slav slave. Heheh.
His wife(?) and mother of his heirs, Rogneda was a slav from Polotsk.
Alexander Nevsky's mother and wife were slavs.
After them most of their wives were either slavs or greeks or lithuanians.
>>
>>1980801
Cont. from >>1980992
Rurikid dynasty had a thing for taking greek wives though, Kievan Rus rulers were like half-Nords by their fathers and half-greeks by their mothers.
Vladimir Monomakhs's mother was greek
Yury Dolgorukiy's mother and wife were greek.
Ivan the 3rd's wife was a niece of Byzantine emperor.
>>
>>1981013
>>1980992
Did they have any Russian Slavic in them?
>>
>>1981024
I don't understand the question.

Are you asking whether these Grand Princes had Russian wives? Or whether they were Russians themselves?

If latter, all of the Rurikid Grand Princes were descendants of Rurik (duh) by male line. As in, all of them up to Fyodor (the last one) were grand-grand....-grandsons of Rurik.

If you're asking whether they had Russian blood in them, then you have to look at who their mothers were, and as I said, they were either greek, nordic or slavic(ie Russian) most of time.
Rogneda (Vladimir the Great's wife) is a prime example.

Also, there were a metric fuckton of rurikids overall, I'm just focusing on the main line from Rurik to Fyodor. There were countless of others who held minor principalities and weren't as "important" as the main branch, and who probably just married the prettiest boyar girl they laid eyes upon, and practically all boyars were 100% russians.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.