[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A ship called Esperanza and her captain.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: galleon.jpg (3MB, 2048x1448px) Image search: [Google]
galleon.jpg
3MB, 2048x1448px
So, I need some help. Was there a spanish/portugese explorer who had a ship called something along the lines of "Esperanza"?

I was over at my mothers house for breakfast this morning. We started discussing a word that came from a crossword my visiting grandfather was solving, and somehow we ended up with looking through old lexicons and google trying to find who was (if there ever was any) the commander/captain of the shit called "Esperanza" or something along those lines.

Now I have found a Frigate called the Esperanza from the 1800's, but this is, according to my mother, to late. We are looking for the ship/convoi with this ship around the time of the big explorations, india, east-asia, americas etc.
>>
>intensive Google among three people couldn't find it, let me ask 4chan's history themed shitposting board instead they will probably know
you're in for a disappointment OP
>>
File: SCOZIA-1174.jpg (99KB, 497x702px) Image search: [Google]
SCOZIA-1174.jpg
99KB, 497x702px
>>1978085
this
sorry op, here's a neat portrait instead
>>
>>1978085

Well, Ive never been here before. I just lurk B for YLYL and rekt threads. Figured I'd try.

Got any clues where I should ask instead?
>>
This is all what i have found http://www.todoababor.es/listado/navio-esperanza.htm
It's in spanish tho.
Basically it says that was built in la Habana in 1735 with the original name of Santisima trinidad and after some adventures was replaced the year 1756 by another ship called San Jose.
The ship was in a small fleet in the Pacific under the command of a guy whose surname was Pizarro, like the conquistador
>>
>>1978459

Thanks, not what my mother was convinced about, but at least I can tell her the "internet" failed at giving her the answer she wanted.
>>
>>1978272
rekt threads are the only reason I ever visit /b/
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.