[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you know of any other guy, who reached such a high levels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: bokassa.jpg (30KB, 550x410px) Image search: [Google]
bokassa.jpg
30KB, 550x410px
do you know of any other guy, who reached such a high levels of absurdity in post WWII African history?
>>
Idi Amin and Mobutu came close
>>
why is a coronation ceremony any more ridiculous when an African does it than when a European does it?

(other than the part where it costs half the country's gdp)
>>
>>1976684
Considering that many were fighting against what the British monarchy stood for, with its opulence displayed through pomp ceremonies that were made possible with resource extraction from the continent, it does seem a bit odd.
>>
>>1976684
because it was a mimicry of european pageantry
maybe if he used tribal customs he would have been taken seriously
>>
File: 1.jpg (579KB, 1247x855px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
579KB, 1247x855px
Btw, why didn't Sub-Saharan Africa ever develop or invent the wheel?
>>
>>1976668
>Idi "1v1 me unless you're a pussy, guerrillas" Amin
>>
>>1976700
>maybe if he used tribal customs he would have been taken seriously

Then people wouldn't taken it seriously at all.
It's a catch 22. You have to ape them to be taken seriously but you know and they know it's a mockery so if you try to be genuine it's ignored or mocked.
>>
>>1976715
It's like having a stereotypical NYC Jewish mother. Nothing you do will ever please her.
>>
>>1976700
well, his self-proclaimed title of Emperor wasn't taken exactly seriosly by anyone except people from Central African Republic
>>
why isn't anyone on this guy's side? he told himself at one point in his life that he will be an emperor and he did it. i call that success
>>
>>1976684
>(other than the part where it costs half the country's gdp)

That is why it was so ridiculous, as decadent as European aristocrats might have been they were never this bad. Even the North Koreans werent this stupid.

The end result is that it comes off as him acting like a child pretending to be a man.
>>
>>1976715
>>1976722
>You have to ape them to be taken seriously but you know and they know it's a mockery so if you try to be genuine it's ignored or mocked.

Have you stopped to consider that he was aping 17th Century France and not 20th Century Europe? Do you think any new country regardless of race would be taken seriously if their leadership dressed in Togas and demanded to be Procounsel just because that is European ?
>>
>>1976747
>Side? I am on nobody's side. Because nobody is on my side.
>>
>>1976684
>(other than the part where it costs half the country's gdp)
But that was exactly what made it ridiculous. If it were modest and inexpensive nobody would have given a shit, but it cost $20 million and the nation was fucking poor as shit.
>>
>>1976955
I'm talking in general bub.
>>
>>1977034
and usually a desperate need to be like x get you shit like Emperer Bokassa or skin bleaching or weebs migrating to Japan and floundering. The thing they look up to isn't even what it matches in reality.
>>
File: gbn.png (422KB, 832x468px) Image search: [Google]
gbn.png
422KB, 832x468px
Blahyi has said he led his troops naked except for shoes and a gun. He believed that his nakedness was a source of protection from bullets.[8] Blahyi now claims he would regularly sacrifice a victim before battle, saying, "Usually it was a small child, someone whose fresh blood would satisfy the devil."[1]

He explained to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer: "Sometimes I would enter under the water where children were playing. I would dive under the water, grab one, carry him under and break his neck. Sometimes I'd cause accidents. Sometimes I'd just slaughter them."[9] In January 2008 Blahyi confessed to taking part in human sacrifices which "included the killing of an innocent child and plucking out the heart, which was divided into pieces for us to eat."[10]

Blahyi claimed to a South African Star reporter that he "met Satan regularly and talked to him" and that from age of 11 to 25 he took part in monthly human sacrifices.[11] In his account of a typical battle Blahyi claimed, "So, before leading my troops into battle, we would get drunk and drugged up, sacrifice a local teenager, drink the blood, then strip down to our shoes and go into battle wearing colorful wigs and carrying imaginary purses we'd looted from civilians. We'd slaughter anyone we saw, chop their heads off and use them as soccer balls. We were nude, fearless, drunk yet strategic. We killed hundreds of people--so many I lost count."[12]

Blahyi also purported that during that period he had "magical powers that made him invisible" and a "special power" to capture a town singlehandedly, then call in his troops afterwards to "clean up".[13] Some of Blahyi's soldiers--often boys in their early teens and younger--would enter battle naked; others would wear women's clothes.[1] In June 2006 Blahyi published his autobiography that included pictures of him fighting with a rifle, wearing nothing but sneakers.[14]
>>
>>1976684
Because they're not European, they're just pigs in lipstick.
>>
>>1976707
pretty sure you don't know anything about sub-saharan Africa
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.