[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think about the theory that violent expansion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: vikingplyndring.jpg (53KB, 525x300px) Image search: [Google]
vikingplyndring.jpg
53KB, 525x300px
What does /his/ think about the theory that violent expansion and force conversion from the Frankia was one of the main factors starting the viking age?
Not saying it was the only factor, but it do make sense considering Charlemagne's recent and violent conquest of Saxony, the many refugees into pagan lands it created as well since the first confirmed viking raid taking place after the forced conversions in Saxony in which case it targeted a monastery.
The vikings had no way of directly confronting the Frankish empire's military might, so they targeted its religion wherever they could.
>>
>>1974511
It didn't even reach them, those cucks.
>>
>>1974511
What evidence is there? Like the Norse themselves saying they did it for this reason in particular?

It does seem like a logical explanation, but do expect this discussion to be memed and shitposted to death by Crusader fanboys
>>
>>1974530
May you define not reached them?
They saw their southern kin get forcefully converted and have their way of governing destroyed, the Danes seeing it fit to build one of Northern Europe's biggest fortifications ((DanneVirke)) to ward of the Frankish threat.

>>1974530
I am afraid I don't got any quotes from them right now, but as I get it the Christians wouldn't call them Barbarians but heathens giving this conflict a religious dimension. Aside from that the only thing I can think of right now is that the Viking contact with the Christians had been peaceful up to the Saxon wars, the Viking attack on lindisfarne occurring relatively recently after said wars.
>>
>>1974560
Second part was meant for >>1974533
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.