[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philosophy/ Existentialism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0259.jpg (177KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0259.jpg
177KB, 800x600px
I think I've identified my problem at the root of all my problems; I have an existential crisis. I can't motivate myself to do things because my philosophical outlook is basically nihilist:

I don't believe in God and I don't really believe in objective morality. I'm not even really sure there is such as thing as objective truth outside the realm of the mathematical sciences.

As a result, I can't see the ultimate point in working passionately at anything because I just don't believe in it. I don't work hard like I used to because I can't see the greater goal/big picture of anything; we'll all die and be forgotten in the end and in a billion years no one will know or care.

Women hate me because they can see I don't stand for anything and can sense my selfishness and patheticness.

What I need is a belief system or at least something to believe. Something that will give me pride and make me work hard and believe in myself.

I don't know whether I should be right wing or left wing; not because I lack an understanding of the issues or ideologies but because I don't have any objective moral basis for judging the merits of political ideas.

So /r9k/? What should I believe in? Does objective morality exist? What should I stand for?
>>
>>1973755
Dis /his/ nigga. I'm here to argue against some punk ass post modernist on why Heidegger is God. Not tell you to read Spinoza and grow a fucking pair.
>>
delete this thread, remove everything that nobody cares about, and as for your questions that could be considered /his/ related without all the blogshit:

>What should I believe in?
"should", this word requires a context. you can't derive an "ought" from an "is".

>Does objective morality exist?
are subterranean worm people plotting to overthrow humanity? there's equal evidence for both.
>>
I was there a year ago anon. Take a moment to decide truly whether you believe materialism is true. Research the unexplainable and realize that there is something beyond this miserable world. If you come to Christ, all the better. But if not, at least throw this trash nihilism out the window for nothing more than the evidence.

https://youtu.be/H6HLjpj4Nt4
>>
File: 1474127486347.gif (284KB, 108x147px) Image search: [Google]
1474127486347.gif
284KB, 108x147px
>>1973957
>InspiringPhilosophy
>>
Believe in Pingaz and gash both are real and attainable.

Stop being a shit cunt, start being a sick cunt.
>>
>>1973755
Just read Aurelius
>>
>>1973755
I come to this mode of thinking every now and then but i remind myself that this really is the only shot i get at this life and i might as well make it count.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.