[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In religions/mythologies where the afterlife is somewhere on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

In religions/mythologies where the afterlife is somewhere on earth, like the Elysian Fields for example, how do the dead people get there? I can understand the idea of a soul ascending to heaving, but if the afterlife is "material", how can the dead guy be there but also in a grave?
>>
Damn /his/ I thought you guys were well read n shit.
>>
last bump
>>
It sounds like you've got your cosmology mixed up. IIRC in most mythology the dead must descended to Hades to be judged before passing on to Elysium, where they are shades. Better to follow the plow as thrall to another man, one with no land allotted him and not much to live on, than to be a king over all the perished dead.
>>
>>1973691
>>1975171
Christians have a physical afterlife on the earthen Kingdom come. However, since it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, it is not really described in christian theology.
>>
>>1975171
Okay, but how does the dead body go to Hades then? That's a physical location as well no?
And I know that Elysium was considered a place far away on Earth, at least some greek poets thought so.

>>1975186
Yeah but I'm talking about right now. I thought the idea was that in the time of Kingdom Come god just makes all corpses and souls come back.
>>
>>1975192
Yes, thats the point, there is no such thing as a heaven for christians, makes you wonder where all the christians souls have gone to
>>
>>1975192
Christians believe the saints will receive a glorified body—which is like the body Christ received after his resurrection—after the final judgment.
>>
>>1975199
>>1975346
That's all well and good, but how does it work in other mythologies?
>>
>>1975473
Depends on if only the soul goes to the place of afterlife, or if a physical resurrection of the dead and restoring of his body is involved.
>>
>>1975493
Well my question was how it works when the afterlife is physical, but the body isn't resurrected. Like in greek mythology.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.