[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ich bin ein berliner What in the actual fuck did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: jfk.jpg (63KB, 456x275px) Image search: [Google]
jfk.jpg
63KB, 456x275px
>Ich bin ein berliner

What in the actual fuck did he mean by this?
>>
>>1972824
"I'm someone who believes in the Western tradition and spirit to fight against adversity, as is seen here in Berlin" what he ended up saying is "I'm a cream filled donut" though...
>>
He wanted his jelly donut licked by some fine capitalist teenagers
>>
>>1972824
He is literally hitler
If hitler were a berliner I mean
>>
>>1972824
he meant that he is ein berliner
>>
>>1972824
In German you don't say "I am an American" you say "ich bin Amerikaner/Amerikanerin." A Berliner is a jelly-filled donut.

If you don't want a literal answer and this is some meme I don't know of: he meant he is ready to take Soviet cock and become cream-filled to liberate Berlin. Truly, we should all follow in his steps and become ein Berliner and eine Berlinerin to liberate the hordes of 'Asians' and Africans coming across the sea to culturally enrich.
>>
>>1972824

I think he wanted to be a donut.
>>
SO WAIT!

He invented this phrase? Or was this common beforehand?

I thought this was made up during the destruction of the Berlin wall.
>>
>>1972873

Berlin used to be known as Daumenbisars and their most famous food was a donut called a Berliner.

When Kennedy came and mispoke hilarious, it became a meme and everyone started referring to the city as Berlin.

To hide their embarrassment, the city renamed themselves Berlin and since it was before the Internet, the meme was eventually forgotten.
>>
This is a great town. Fantastic town.
>>
>>1972824
"Ow, there's a bullet hole in my head"
>>
>>1973041
kek
>>
>>1972824
It was just his time period's #jesuischarlie
>>
>>1972867
Not actually true. The proper way to say it is indeed "Ich bin ein Berliner" because of the context.
>>
That he believed in taking a stand against the Communists. Then some Americans made up a story about pastry or something.
>>
File: ReaganBerlinWall130612.jpg (48KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
ReaganBerlinWall130612.jpg
48KB, 640x400px
>Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

What in the actual fuck did he mean by this?
>>
>>1974518
He was clearly referring to cheese Danishes
>>
>>1972841
kek, this man knows
>>
>>1974518
He meant:

>"Looks like the Soviet Union is collapsing, I might as well take credit for it."
>>
>>1972824
Is that Assad's father or something to his right?
Looks like the guy's relative.
>>
File: 842.png (147KB, 600x679px) Image search: [Google]
842.png
147KB, 600x679px
>>1974518

>Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!
>years later, by chance and unbeknownst to USSR and US, some Germans take down the wall
>Ronnies face when
>>
>>1974740
>>1976272
I hate Reagan more than anyone, but it's pure revisionism to say that any major political figure other than him expected the USSR to collapse.
>>
>>1972839
>>1972867
>>1972896
No, he didn't accidentally say "I'm a jelly donut." It's just a really persistent myth. Look it up.

>>1974495
This.
>>
>>1976281

>expecting it to collapse
>it collapses for internal reasons
>take credit

'No'. It is hagiography to attribute the internal Soviet reforms that started in the 70's and finally broke the Union apart to Reagan's missile spending or tough man speeches in the mid-80's
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.