[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/his/ I need your honest opinion of this man.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: churchill.jpg (177KB, 600x707px) Image search: [Google]
churchill.jpg
177KB, 600x707px
/his/ I need your honest opinion of this man.
>>
Naive retard as lord of the admiralty, shrewd and intelligent post WW1
>>
Old fox, living stereotype of perfidious Anglo, but unless you're autistic Hitlerboo you can't but like him somewhat.
>>
>>1971105
A retard.

Probably cost tens of thousands of extra dead Anglos due to his stupidity.
>>
>>1971109
If you're basing it on Dardanelles expedition it wasn't a retarded decision. Far from it. Entente fleet was an inch away from knocking Ottomans out of war, and De Robeck being a pussy cost them an epic strategic victory.
Churchill was never enthusiastic about amphibious assault.
>>
Fantastic wartime leader and legendary alcoholic.
>>
>>1971105
Highly overrated. His contributions to military technology were important but as a politician and a military leader he was worthless.
>>
>>1971127
>Entente fleet was an inch away from knocking Ottomans out of war
It was a poorly thought out operation considering people were landing at the wrong beaches with no naval artillery to support them against MG's mounted with sweeping arcs of fire. It was D-Day with no air superiority
>>
>>1971105
Poor Prime Minister and Admiral, brilliant historian. His heart was in the right place
>>
>>1971131
How did he manage to reach old age smoking like a chimney and drinking like a lord is beyond my understanding
>>
>>1971105
biggest war criminal of WWII
>>
>>1971226
This, he insulted a woman's appearance in public. All those burned Belarussian villages and gassed Jews are nothing compared to this rape.
>>
>>1971225
Because tobacco back then isn't the tobacco of today, a lot of the industrial drying techniques didn't have cancerous additives to the extent they have now
>>
>>1971105
Absolutely useless trainwreck of a human being.
>>
Best cheerleader ever.

Seriously.

+over 9000 UK morale when they needed it the most.

His historical value is strictly relegated to his iron backbone.
>>
>>1971271
>Implications
Watch some Blitz docos, he didn't really convince most people in London and outside of the traditional stiff upper lip, a lot of them wouldn't have given a shit if he surrendered as long as they didn't have to get bombed anymore
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.