[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Peninsular War the only unjustified war that Napoleon waged?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Was the Peninsular War the only unjustified war that Napoleon waged?
>>
File: 1474740415207.png (599KB, 641x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474740415207.png
599KB, 641x640px
>unjustified

How? Napoleon was going to liberalize Spain, which was considered one of the most backwards countries in Europe, but the ruling classes incited open conflict, which in turn led to French troops committing many atrocities, which caused the Spanish peasantry to resent the French, which led to that entire disaster.
>>
This is /his/.

Napoleon is never wrong.

The evil church and the tyrannical ancient regime monarchies are always wrong.
>>
The only unjustified thing about it is that he lost.
>>
Spain was an untrustable subdued enemy
There were important suspiscions that Spain still traded with Britain
>>
>belgium
>holland
>egypt

all unjustified
>>
>>1971032

The pro-Napoleon damage control in the Peninsular War is very likely the worst kind of damage control ever.
>>
File: flan.png (42KB, 318x813px) Image search: [Google]
flan.png
42KB, 318x813px
>>1971044
>belgium
>holland

Are you retarded?
The invasion of these two happened in the War of the First Coalition when Napoleon was just an artillery captain, and they were perfectly justified as Belgium was an Austrian possession used by Austrian troops to invade France, and the Netherland had joined the coalition against France

Egypt is more debatable
Napoleon wasn't the ruler of France yet, but he was already an influentuial general and it's accepted that the campaign was his own idea
>>
As a /his/torian I don't know what to think about it until Dan Carlin does a podcast about it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.