[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2016 >good and evil still remain undefined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_9984.jpg (32KB, 260x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9984.jpg
32KB, 260x347px
>2016
>good and evil still remain undefined
>>
File: spookman.jpg (1MB, 3875x4225px) Image search: [Google]
spookman.jpg
1MB, 3875x4225px
>>1969285
>good
>evil
>>
File: stirned.jpg (7KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
stirned.jpg
7KB, 150x150px
>>1969292
>spooks
>>
>>1969285
Would you agree that being selfish is bad?
>>
>>1969338
idiot
>>
>>1969338
good for me, bad for you
>>
Christianity already defined it, seculars dislike this because it makes everything they stand for evil.
>>
>>1969369
I didn't say you couldn't disagree.

Faggot
>>
Didn't Socrates define both like 3k years ago m8s
>>
Anything that is of God is good. Anything that opposes God is of the devil and is evil.
>>
>>1969382
This, i just want to rape and kill your whole family desu.
>>
>>1969285
>good and evil still remain undefined
Where are you? In Africa?
>>
>in philosophy 101 discussion group
>people talking about how only religion makes morality possible, without religion everyone would just murder and eat each other because there was no fear of eternal damnation

I just don't know
>>
>>1969371

Over what timescale?
>>
>>1969382

Christianity basically flipped old school morality on its head though. Before Christ, the land wasn't ruled by the priests, but by the strong and mighty, the truly great people. Even in the Old Testament, might made right. You didn't mess with God because God would reign down the plagues and give you the Stone Cold Stunner of Justice. The priests were just wimps who read books and tried to spread their religion. They were influential to some degree, but they were weak and puny.

However, after the New Testament, it was ultimately the priests who were fed up with their powerlessness that plotted the ultimate form of revenge. They spent years and years convincing the people that mighty brutes were bad and that the weak and meek were good. Hence why you see the massive tonal shifts between the Old and New Testament. God went from "I'm going to drown the world" to "Well, you know having kids change you. I can't really do that anymore." Jesus was a little peaceful angel who preached love. His priests became the new powerful class, as they themselves were just like him, weak and meek.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.