[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Addressing The Problem of Evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Cringe_d5c4b8_6012688.jpg (42KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Cringe_d5c4b8_6012688.jpg
42KB, 500x333px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmkaIagp6cg
God revealed there as good and all powerful, have always faced the challenge, "If God is good and all powerful how can evil still exist in the world?"
This video summarizes the answer by considering three areas: Sinners deserve to suffer, God uses evil to promote His people's good, and God uses evil to promote the greatest good.
The video also emphasizes that we should be sensitive to the fact that there is both an intellectual and an experiential struggle with this issue and that doctrine of the cross needs to be brought into this discussion.
It is also pointed out that compromised theologies regarding God's exhaustive sovereignty leave Christians in a position which cannot answer an atheist's argument.
>>
>>1968877
The guy in the picture is adorable as fuck.
>>
And all three of those areas are completely irrelevant, since God is also supposed to be all-powerful, thus making the existence of both evil and sin to be completely nonsensical
>>
>>1968877
Its a let's redefine evil so God won't come off as evil thread.
>>
>>1968877
>Sinners deserve to suffer
>Stalin was pretty evil to send all those people to the Gulags
>ah, but you see, reactionaries deserve to freeze to death, therefore it was not evil
>>
>>1968933
Cuz there a standard technical definition of evil that gets betrayed by theodicy? lmao
>>
It's hard for me to believe that this is a real pic.
>>
>>1968933
Retard
>>
>>1968913
"All-powerful" is itself a nonsense which by it's impossibility implies some deeper limitation which we just don't understand. The main point to take from that doctrine is that you can't "beat" god, it can never be outwitted or overpowered
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.