[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who suffered adversity but overcame it. I was thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

People who suffered adversity but overcame it.
I was thinking about people like Job and Alexander Hamilton.
>>
I thought discussion of fictional characters was what /lit/ was for?
>>
>>1967645
Job is a myth, one that tells you that you must obey the Yahweh priesthood even though your life is shit.
And he didn't really overcome anything, Yahweh let Satan torture him for a while then he got bored and stopped. Then Yahweh gave Job back his wives and camels and everything else that shitskins praise.
>>
>>1967666
Yes but the way he withstood it is inspiring.
>>1967665
I'm asking for real people not literary chracters, I just gave Job as an example. Do you guys admire people in history for things like that?
>>
>>1967679
Justinian II is pretty based. He was deposed, exiled and had his nose cut off, only to come back, reclaim his throne and take revenge on his adversaries.
>>
File: Hongwu Emperor.gif (213KB, 566x790px) Image search: [Google]
Hongwu Emperor.gif
213KB, 566x790px
>>1967645
>Born dirt poor.
>Famine happens and entire family dies.
>So fucking poor he joined the buddhist monastery because no more income at all.
>Anti-Yuan Rebellion happens.
>Zhu Yuanzhang quits monastery and gathers a few buttbuddies from his monastery and joins the fighting as a bandit group.
>Came into the attention of the leader of the main rebellion, the Red Turbans, due to his exploits in guerilla war. Nominates him commander of a sizable force of his rebels. Gives him his QT daughter too.
>Red Turban rebellion splits up and is in danger of getting quashed by Yuan Dynasty. Zhu Yuanzhang then consolidates his authority by defeating red turban splintergroups.
>Overthrows Yuan, becomes Hongwu Emperor, founder of the Ming Dynasty.
>>
>>1967698
>>1967710
Thank you both I'll look these two up
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.