[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he right about "God" ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Paradise_Lost_12.jpg (268KB, 979x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Paradise_Lost_12.jpg
268KB, 979x1210px
Was he right about "God" ?
>>
Right about what about God exactly?
>>
>>1967088
That he wanted to keep people as stupid slaves without any idea or self-awareness.

That he toyed with them.
>>
>>1967094
Source?
>>
>>1967107
Old Testament
>>
>>1967110
Not to be a stickler but could you be more specific? It's a big book.
>>
>>1967113
for you
>>
>>1967094
The lightbringer gave humanity self-awareness, thus they became just like their creator who made them in his image.
The whole paradise story is just an antique analogy to birth and early childhood. For the first years you are not aware of yourself but part of your environment, especially your mother. At first you are actually one with her. That's the garden Eden. No sin, no awareness. At some point, around the time you start remembereing things, you are expulsed from there.
>>
>>1967122
Interesting theory.
>>
>>1967114
It would just help me better formulate an answer if I knew what exactly it was you were referencing. I just don't recall Lucifer, the Devil, Satan, whatever you want to call him, saying that God wanted to do that in the Old Testament.
>>
>>1966976
The bible is such a biased scripture. We dont really know Satan's point of view.
>>
Why do people treat fanfics like Paradise Lost and Divine Comedy like they are canonical in any way shape or form?
>>
>>1967372

OP dunno what he saying

in the OT it's a literal serpent that says to eat the fruit

pretty sure Satan doesn't show up until Book of Job. and he plays an extremely minor role in the bible
>>
>>1967122
This is what happens when you get your theology from Milton instead of the Bible.
>>
>>1967409
Never read Milton, did read the bible though. What actually happened is I became an atheist.
>>
>>1967395
Because they're much more exciting than the Bible.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.