[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King of Wisdom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (749KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
749KB, 2560x1920px
Two young women who lived in the same house and who both had an infant son came to Solomon for a judgment. One of the women claimed that the other, after accidentally smothering her own son while sleeping, had exchanged the two children to make it appear that the living child was hers. The other woman denied this and so both women claimed to be the mother of the living son and said that the dead boy belonged to the other.

After some deliberation, King Solomon called for a sword to be brought before him. He declared that there was only one fair solution: the live son must be split in two, each woman receiving half of the child. Upon hearing this terrible verdict, the boy's true mother cried out, "Oh Lord, give the baby to her, just don't kill him!" The liar, in her bitter jealousy, exclaimed, "It shall be neither mine nor yours—divide it!"

The king declared the first mother as the true mother, as a true, loving mother would rather surrender her baby to another than hurt him, and gave her the baby. As punishment for theft her woman, he had her sent to the royal barracks to labour on her back. King Solomon's judgment became known throughout all of Israel and was considered an example of profound wisdom.

>What is the lesson to be learned?
>How can I apply this to my life?
>>
>>1965661
Beware liars in real life.
>>
>>1965661
You know, I've always wondered about this story. What kind of psychopath would just think to herself, "Eh, fuck it, it's not really my baby anyway -- just go ahead and chop it up."

I'm pretty sure I'd just let them have the fucking baby, whoever's it was.

Ancient Israeli women were crazy bitches, apparently.
>>
>>1965661

Be aware of the nature of things and use that knowledge with logic to pursue truth. King Solomon was aware of the nature of a mother and knew how a mother would react if he proposed the child be chopped in two and each piece given to each of them. Knowing this he could deduce who was the true mother and who was the liar from their reaction. And as a result, was able to return the child to his true mother.
>>
>>1967184
The guy had 700 wives.
>>
File: GKbrRPd.jpg (80KB, 892x438px) Image search: [Google]
GKbrRPd.jpg
80KB, 892x438px
>>
>>1965661

>Two young women who lived in the same house and who both had an infant son came to Solomon for a judgment.

Why are you bowlderizing? The original Hebrew is very clear that it's two prostitutes.
>>
>>1967184
The same kind of psycho who 'accidentally' suffocates her infant son and then goes and steals another woman's baby to make up for it?
>>
>>1967746

That's stupid. What kind of kingdom is he running that two whores can just walk up to the king and expect a judgment?
>>
>>1967846
A very small one.
>>
>>1967846

I don't remember where, but I remember reading somewhere that said that the reason the text highlights their status as prostitutes is to imply that Solomon is the father of both children, or at least a putative father.
>>
>>1967746
That is how it is worded in wikipedia
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.