[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Operation Bagration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Russland 1944.jpg (838KB, 1280x950px) Image search: [Google]
Russland 1944.jpg
838KB, 1280x950px
In all the history classes i have taken there is rarely any mention of operation Bagration. The combined losses of the Germany and Russia were close to a million, which is more than the Americans lost during the whole war. It was also the battle that crippled the back of the Wehrmacht. so why is it rarely spoken about?
>>
>>1965310
Russia is a big fucking country.
>>
>>1965313
Yes, most definitely. But Bagration was no small skirmish. hell, I could have said that hardly any of the Eastern front is covered besides in Uni.
>>
>>1965310

because western, anglophone historians don't have access to or literally cannot read the russian archival material on the subject, if it even exists

people really need to understand this and stop crying about muh eastern front
>>
>>1965325
Kursk, Stalingrad, Kharkov...
I say again,
Russia's a big fucking country.
>>
>>1965327
People have translated ancient texts for eons. I'm sure Russian would not be the exception. And with the fall of the Soviet Union weren't most of the files open to historians?
>>
>>1965310

I don't know what sort of history lessons you've been taking, but if you even look at casual military history publications, you'll see lots of mention of Bagration.

Here's something I read recently on it, you might find it interesting.

http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/cgsc/carl/download/csipubs/connor.pdf
>>
>>1965310
Americans like to pretend they won the WW2 single handedly
>>
Because it wasn't a turning point. The Soviets advanced before and after Bagration. Most people don't know about the battles of Barbarossa either.
>>
>>1965345
But most people know that the Third Reich invaded Russia no?
>>
>>1965362
most people think it was the americans who captured Berlin
>>
>>1965386
I don't believe you....
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.