[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can /his/ recommend some other nonfiction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2436.jpg (520KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2436.jpg
520KB, 1600x1200px
can /his/ recommend some other nonfiction?
>>
wew those are some shitty books (aside from the 2 on the left)
>>
>>1963747
how are they shitty?
>>
>all that post-2001, airport store NatSec

Absolutely disgusting.

You need some history and way more philosophy fäm.

How bout I throw out some combos and you tell me what you think: lPerino's 'Lincoln in the World' and a critical edition of Thoreau's 'Walden'?

Or here's another you might like that will start to take you from pleb to autodidact: Barry's 'Roger Williams and the Creation of the American Soul' and a critical edition of Burke's 'Reflections'?
>>
>>1963766

*Peraino's "Lincoln in the World"
>>
jesus christ not even five posts in and the "your books are shit let me tell you what to read" crowd are already here
>>
>>1963771

>OP asked for book recommendations
>poster complains people are suggesting books

If you aren't just asspained OP, then you are an illiterate clown. Post your own shelf so we can mock you too.
>>
what the CIA had to say about Tim Weiners Legacy of Ashes:
>"anyone who wants a balanced perspective of CIA and its history should steer well clear of Legacy of Ashes."
I cant think of a better endorsement
>>
>>1963766
>post 2001
1970s:
The Politics of Heroin
1980s
Out of Control
Veil
Crimes of Patriots
1990s
Manufacturing Consent
>airport store natsec
what does that even mean? these are quite critical works
>>
>>1963766
>>1963771
I suppose OP wants critical works on foreign policy and intelligence
>>
>>1963817
>what the CIA had to say about Tim Weiners Legacy of Ashes:
Yeah but do they say that because they do not like that they failed so much or what?
>>
>>1963829

Thanks for the (You), my autistic friend.

What would be obvious to anyone with out a mental handicap was that I was not referring to those books. Nor, obviously, was I referring to the ancient Greek philosophy, just in that had confused you.

NatSec refers to National Security as a field of study, a field of political study that is driven by people completely unfamiliar with political study and drowning in myopic discussions and technical jargon.

>>1963832

Which is why I said he needed more history and philosophy. He has the undergrad libertarian starter kit going on, he needs to open it up a bit. Some books on Lincoln's foreign policy coupled with contemporary philosophy, or Burke's Reflections on power and government coupled with a book about colonial power and government could be of some benefit.

Foreign policy exists outside the realm of National Security and Counterterrorism and governments excessive use of force is much older than Nixon or the CIA.
>>
>>1964004
>What would be obvious to anyone with out a mental handicap was that I was not referring to those books. Nor, obviously, was I referring to the ancient Greek philosophy, just in that had confused you.
>I was referring to something that wasn't there despite my claim about the works there, which anyone should be able to see
>>
>>1963734
With a book list like that, you might as well look into anything from Arktos Publishing. They're difficult to get through, mostly out of cringe, but they're worth reading.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.