[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who are the The Sea Peoples /his/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: ramses3_8.jpg (208KB, 1100x562px) Image search: [Google]
ramses3_8.jpg
208KB, 1100x562px
who are the The Sea Peoples /his/
>>
>>1962536

A confederation of barbarians from Europe who leveraged a revolution in military technology to devastate the civilized world.
>>
>>1962536
I suspect they were mostly a scattering of different groups existing owing to some technical advance coupled with weak coastal defenses and moderate wealth. Like the Vikings, trying to evaluate the Vikings solely from Norse culture gets you no where; they were responding to some deficiency in the wealthy peoples around them
>>
>>1962536
Elite mercenary force who were on the payroll of the Mongol Remnant who escaped through one of their time displacement portals to escape the Finnish vanguard.
>>
A player that started honour, rushed military tech & spammed warriors.
>>
>>1962536
various groups from the aegean, sardinians, sicilians, the phrygians destroyed the hitite empire, and the philistines. specifically in the case of the philistines you can see aegean pottery begins to be made locally after a destruction layer around the time of the bronze age collapse. interestingly the bible preserves knowledge of the philistines foreign origin by saying they are from Cyprus
>>
>>1962571

The Peleset / Phillistines were almost certainly Greeks, specifically Achaeans, who formed part of the "second wave" of Sea Peoples after the first wave destroyed the cities of Greece and Crete.
>>
File: refugee-crisis-981x500.jpg (197KB, 981x500px) Image search: [Google]
refugee-crisis-981x500.jpg
197KB, 981x500px
>>1962536
>>
>>1962649
That's what Euros have been bitching about?
This is a "crisis"

Fuck, my country takes in a million people daily.

Euros are soft.
>>
>>1962716
b-but muh moose limbs
>>
>>1962571
>sardinians

uh bullshit, even if you could reach Sardinia by boat, it would take like a decade to actually do so.
>>
>>1963225
no, it definitely wouldn't. That's not even considering that the "SEA Peoples" clearly would've had superior boats to everyone else
>>
>>1962536
im going to stick my longship in your nile delta and incubate your lake victoria
>>
They probably were probably the ancestors of the southern turks.
Some anon posted an article about someone finding a port there from the bronze age which was fucking huge for the time.
>>
File: 1476631987779.png (1MB, 1920x3025px) Image search: [Google]
1476631987779.png
1MB, 1920x3025px
>>1963225
>>
I thought the sea peoples were just proto-phonecians.
>>
>>1963300
no, most Phoenician cities were continuously inhabited from the bronze age to the iron age, meaning they were one of the few places not destroyed/conquered by sea peoples in the region
>>
Does anyone know if genetic work has been done with regards to the sea people?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.