[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do a lot people put others in generalized groups instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Why do a lot people put others in generalized groups instead of understand them as individuals? Is there reason behind generalizing a mass of individuals?
>>
>>1956499
Convenience and simplicity.
>>
One answer could be that it requires less mental effort to categorize people like that. It could be that they come to associate 2 things like criminal behavior and dark skin tones due to confirmation bias.

I think a better explanation is that humans are naturally tribalistic and will root for their team while expressing disdain for others, this can occur in a wide variety of shapes and forms.
>>
>>1956521

A combination of these, OP.

Also, demonizing others and deriving esteem from your own tribe's accomplishments is a useful balm for flagging self esteem or a wasted life due to poor life decisions and/or circumstances.

>I may be a loser but at least I'm not a nigger/honky/chink/etc
>>
>>1956499
Because time is limited and everything is considered relative to your own beliefs. An atheist might speak of humanism or agnosticism but might speak to those religious people, encompassing all religions. In the same way a Christian might speak of catholics, protestants, and orthodoxy, but refer to Muslims as a singular blob or pagans encompassing voodoo,shinto, and yazidi, etc.

It's not really useful or time efficient to make distinctions about two people who are radically different from you, even though they may be radically different from one another.
>>
>>1956521
>It could be that they come to associate 2 things like criminal behavior and dark skin tones due to confirmation bias.
are statistics the biggest confirmation bias?
>>
>>1956499
Because even though your mom would want you to believe you are special, generalization works
>>
>>1956521
>It could be that they come to associate 2 things like criminal behavior and dark skin tones due to confirmation bias.

>confirmation bias.
>confirmation bias.
>confirmation bias.

Just because 1 filipino woman might also rob you it doesn't mean 70% of the crime isn't commited by black males
>>
>>1956499
Too many variables to individuals, more similar variables in groups. Also if you believe in the indivualism meme then you cannot be an animal because all animals including your human ass has base behavior every single member of the species exhibits. You cannot classify behavior based on individual you need groups I am not sorry.
>>
>>1956534
>Also, demonizing others and deriving esteem from your own tribe's accomplishments is a useful balm for flagging self esteem or a wasted life due to poor life decisions and/or circumstances.
Libtard found

I really dont care about being superior to niggers, I just hate them with a passion.
>>
File: IMG_1654.jpg (15KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1654.jpg
15KB, 263x192px
>>1956628
>>
>>1956499
Multiple reasons.

It's lazy, which means it's easier. It's easier to shoot from the hip and run off on some ill calculated, quickly conceived judgement.

Plus in all honesty and seriousness, it's difficult for people to be fair and accurate in judgement. Evil is synonymous with being in the dark for a reason. Pride for example...you generalize a group, you make your group sound superior, this makes you feel good because it perpetuates the illusion that you are higher than the other group. This perpetuates the reasoning behind generalizing cruelly. The sensation of pride that generates within the individual, makes the individual feel good. Pride, which is a classified evil. Now this is just one variable or one perspective into why people refuse to search out the truth, truth to accurately assess and classify what's before them...whether that be "a group", or anything else.

So ultimately, you have these people that can't see how their judgement is flawed, flawed and limited, they can't see this. Because they can't see this, they have themselves causing more problems than good. They can't see this, they're blind, they're in the dark in relation to seeing the actual truth of the matter.

So again, there's a reason why evil is synonymous with darkness. It clouds and distorts the truth, from there you have the makings of lie, which is a deception. In this case it would be a self deception. You inaccurately generalize, or cruelly generalize, all because it "feels good."

Again, just a variable. Some people generalize to save time, some people generalize because they simply don't know any more- they lack knowledge on the matter.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.