[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the smartest person in history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Bill-Gates.jpg (162KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Gates.jpg
162KB, 1500x1000px
Is he the smartest person in history?
>>
>>1953483
That's not Steve Jobs
>>
>>1953483
One of the most opportunistic in history.
>>
There is no "smartest person in history" because intelligence is more complicated than that. And if there were it would almost certainly be someone lost to history.

He is, however, very very smart.
>>
I agree with >>1953504 on having a smartest person in history. And even then there are people whose intellect throughout history were so vast, that they make whatever intellect you think Gates has look like peanuts. Ramanujan and von Newman come to mind.
>>
>>1953483
>trying to increase Africa's surivival rate when they are already experiencing an unsustainable population explosion

No, he is an absolute madman that will bring about the death of Europe in 100 years.
>>
>>1953542

>there are people whose intellect throughout history were so vast, that they make whatever intellect you think Gates has look like peanuts. Ramanujan and von Newman come to mind.

Ramanujan and von Neumann didn't make anywhere near as much money as Bill Gates did. That makes him objectively smarter than them by a wide margin.
>>
>>1953542

>Deeply religious,[5] Ramanujan credited his substantial mathematical capacities to divinity: '"An equation for me has no meaning," he once said, "unless it expresses a thought of God."'[6]

damn
>>
Einstein, Newton, Tesla.
>>
>>1956784
>Tesla in the same league as Newton

I'm a fan of the guy but he's nowhere of that caliber.
>>
>anyone but Kant
>>
>>1955502
Ah, yes, Worthington's law.
>>
Depends on what kind of smart we're talking:

Creatively, in recorded history at least, Shakespeare. I have an Anglo bias here, but the level of influence he had on the English language and Anglo culture is immeasurable. I would argue no other person defines a language as significantly as Shakespeare defines English.

Scientifically it has to be Joh Von Neumann. Modern computing would not exist without Von Neumann, he came up with the concept for a computer virus two decades before the internet was a conceptualization.
>>
>>1956863
Nah, see Dante:Italian. La Commedia pretty much invrnted the language.
I do agree about von Neumann, he is the first person I think of when I think most intelligent. The internal-logic computer, game theory, the concepts of AI etc. da Vinci is perhaps the only other person so brilliant in so many different fields.
>>
>>1953483
>If you are so smart, why aren't you rich?
If you are so rich, why aren't you smart?
>>
>>1953483
Who ever thinks him not being JUST an opportunist but the actual "smartest" person, should take an iq test since I strongly think that this person is straight up a literal retard.
>>
>>1953483
Read Taleb
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.