[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are pagan Gods considered myths but not Abrahamic Gods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1475321528292.jpg (30KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
1475321528292.jpg
30KB, 600x594px
Why are pagan Gods considered myths but not Abrahamic Gods?
>>
Because Abrahamic religion has yet to figure out that myths != falsehoods.

The word myth means story. Now, despite that doesn't mean that myths are literal reports, they can provide you with important tools to make sense of the world around us. The fact that myths have survived for so long proves this
>>
File: 1475321171139.jpg (103KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
1475321171139.jpg
103KB, 1000x746px
>>1953278
Wat I don't understand
>>
Because Abrahamic gods are popular.
>>
>>1953271
>Abrahamic Gods
Retard
>>
>>1953271
Abrahamic religions are full of revisionists who want you to think that pagan religions were just myth.

Pagans did not believe in myth though. Their "mythology" was religion to them, just like how the Abrahamic "mythology" is a religion to them. They made the distinction to:

1) give their own religion more weight
2) prevent people from comparing them under the lens of "myth" because that instantly exposes which one is inferior (Abrahamic mythology is garbage compared to pagan)
>>
>>1953352
Why do our education systems teach our kids that they are "mythology" then? I thought religion was supposed to be removed from the school systems.
>>
>>1953342
>Father, Son, Holy Ghost, Mary
I counted at least four.
>>
Liberal Christians usually refer to the Old Testament as mythology.
>>
>>1953385
>Christian
>following New Testament

Pick 1. New Testament is work of the jews.
>>
>>1953369
>I thought religion was supposed to be removed from the school systems.
That's not a simple process. The influence of any system of thought, especially one that lasted for over two thousand years, is going to become deeply ingrained in the psyche. It has affected the development of our languages, philosophies, sciences, etc. "The shadow of God" as Nietzsche puts it will linger "in caves" for possibly millenniums after God's death.
>>
>>1953387
Are you being retarded on purpose?
>>
>>1953369
Because roman and Greek mythology is a kernel within western civilisation. The "seperation" meme is one of the most complicated , misunderstood and abused facets of American culture. It never meant absence of religion, just absence of a state religion.
>>
>>1953278
>>1953380
Every saint is essentially a demigod
>>
>>1953271
Christianity is considered ot have a mythology though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.