[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some /his/ approved comedies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: movieposter.jpg (32KB, 279x402px) Image search: [Google]
movieposter.jpg
32KB, 279x402px
>>
>Monty Python and the Holy Grail
>Tropic Thunder
>>
The boy In the striped pajamas
>>
>>1950738
i legitmately laughed uncontrollably when i saw the ending for the first time.
>>
Life of Brian
>>
Thats Mel Brooks one
>>
Three Kings
The Producers (Springtime for Hitler)
>>
>>1950759
i couldn't stop laughing at the mother's expression
>>
File: image.jpg (175KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175KB, 960x1440px
>>1950685
>>
>>1950759
You knew it was coming once he put on those pyjamas
>>
File: image.jpg (472KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
472KB, 960x1440px
>>
Dr Strangelove
>>
Balkanski spijun

My ex girlfriend wanted to watch some garbage hollywood movie but i refused. She told me to pick one in that case. I chose Balkanski spijun, a soviet comedy about stalinist paranoia. We broke up shortly after. Oh well.
>>
1..2..3 is hilarious cold war movie.
>>
Blazing Saddles
Forrest Gump
Schindler's List
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
>>
File: timebandits_poster_web[1].jpg (170KB, 630x945px) Image search: [Google]
timebandits_poster_web[1].jpg
170KB, 630x945px
>>1950685
Time Bandits
https://youtu.be/JwnjENpIyq0
>>
>>1951127
God Tier
>>
Night At The Museum

Comedy gold
>>
>>1951127
Could have have Alec Guinness as a old warlock
>>
The Great Dictator
The Art of the Deal
Love and Death
The Men Who Stare At Goats
Ernest Goes to War
>>
Er Ist Wieder Da.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBqwtHnc9ho
>>
>>
> there are brats that call themselves marxist and donĀ“t rate Modern Times
>>
>>1951046
>Soviet
>The movie is literally called BALKANski spijun

It's Yugoslav m8, and fundamentally so - it's about the Tito-Stalin split and essentially about how quickly the system turns on you - the protagonist was doing great, parroting the rhetoric about Tito and Stalin, and then suddenly they have an argument, denounce each other, and now everyone who had been notably pro-Stalin (huge number of people because the state itself was pro-Stalin up until that time) was facing labor camps, re-education, prison, etc.

With Big Joe's spies potentially around every corner, invasion seemingly looming, a country still struggling to find its identity post-WWII and communist takeover and PTSD incurred from staying in a prison camp, our plucky protagonist tries to save his country - by going after his neighbor.

It's a classic of Yugoslav cinema, and exhibits the signature traits of the region's cinematography - funny, but darkly humorous, using the veneer of irreverence to hide a deeply critical tone in regards to some aspect of society.
>>
File: Charlie-Chaplin.jpg (220KB, 1600x1218px) Image search: [Google]
Charlie-Chaplin.jpg
220KB, 1600x1218px
Is Chaplin's work worth a watch or is he just a meme?
>>
>>1950685
The Great Dictator >>>>>>The Dictator
>>
>>1952276
Yeah. I like his stuff. There's one where he's a caveman. That's /his/ related.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.